The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The old ways

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

1The old ways - Page 3 Empty The old ways Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:19 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

“May the prophet smile on you.” It was the same greeting everyone gave each other as they passed on their daily tasks. A polite nod, and then on your way. It was the same in countless villages across the continent, why grow attached to someone who may not even be there in a week? Thanks were always given to the prophet, to the one who saved their ancestors generations ago when the gods had had enough of humanity and their over confidence and arrogance. The prophet had given them wise choices, solutions that had saved many, even as millions perished. The prophet’s name had been lost long ago, but that didn’t stop humans thanking them in their daily lives. Convenient how they forgot their past mistakes, even with the great beast always out there reminding them that their punishment was never over.
The great beast was different depending on who you asked, but it’s mission was always the same; keep the population small. Too much growth, and the humans would reach for the stars again and only end up scorching what was left of their world. The sad truth of the situation, was that humans were not the only ones being punished. After the great culling over a thousand years ago, a new race had revealed itself; the elves. The elves remembered. The elves would never forget what humanity had cost everyone. Every creature suffered the curse without judgement.

Fallon was the son of the chief of their village. He wasn’t afforded any special treatment because of this, if anything he was worked harder, like his father had to prove his genes were worthy of continuing his bloodline. Over the generations, many people had shown what they called ‘gifts from the prophet’ in the form of enhanced abilities, such as speed and strength of even simply being a better hunter when it was dark. It was such abilities that ensured their village didn’t starve. This was part of the reason Fallon was pushed so hard; he showed no sign of a gift. Who would want to give their daughter for union to someone still under the curse of the gods? Fallon would only lead their people if he proved himself worthy of such a burden. The problem with this... was Fallon didn’t want the burden. He wanted to find freedom for his people from the curse, he wanted to make the old gods understand that they were not their ancestors, they shouldn’t be punished for something they didn’t do.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

61The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“And what about you?” Raven asked curiously as she watched the large man before her. He was nothing like any of the elven men she had had brief flings with. He was all muscle and power, not at all like the lithe elves. Though she couldn’t admit it, he thrilled her enough that she felt her skin tingle. But no, they were pretty much enemies. “What is your gift?”

“And you’re cute, for a knife ear.” Fallon teased in reply. “If my father could only see me now... whispering to an elf how beautiful she is.” He added with a chuckle, apparently more accepting of others than most humans.

62The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't have any gifts." Odin said almost too softly. "I was born to serve the son of the chief. Beyond that there is no use for me."

"Don't speak to her." Erath hissed. "It's not proper." The elven king went to stand in between the human and his daughter, still scowling at the Crone.

63The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Raven sighed sadly, knowing the feeling only too well. “My father already has someone picked out that I will marry. I never had a say, I was just told to accept that I must do what is best for not only my kingdom, but that of the prince I am to marry.” She confessed softly, her gaze fixed at something on the front of Odin’s shirt. 

“Proper?” Isolde asked with a smirk. “What do you know of proper?”
Out of respect for the king, Fallon did indeed take a step back however. “Forgive me, but you seemed otherwise occupied, and she was scared.”

64The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Did he ever let you meet your prince?" Odin asked as they walked along. He was kicking at dead leaves with his boots, trying not to wonder why he felt a pang of jealousy at the mention of a prince. 

"What would you know about being scared?" Erath snapped, ignoring Isolde. "My daughter fears nothing! Neither of them know fear. Why should they?"

65The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Raven nodded as she fussed with fixing the string on her bow. “We were childhood friends. I just...” She exhaled heavily, wondering why she was telling a human all this. “He’s the most pig headed, arrogant son of a crone I’ve ever met!”

“Because you have made their environment one filled with constant fear, so they think that feeling is normal now?” Fallon countered, daring to hold the elf king’s gaze.

66The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Odin laughed at the way she spoke. "Is he a neighboring elf tribe? Where the hell do elves hide? Why have I never seen one until today?"

Erath's ice colored eyes filled with dark storm clouds of warning. It was the only notice Fallon received that something bad was about to happen. 
The next few minutes went by in a blur. The elf king moved  forward without being seen. But his strike hit a much smaller target. 
Lilly crumpled to the ground at her father's feet. She'd seen him coming.

67The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“He is, and we don’t.” Raven replied. “Humans are just not very perceptive.” She added with a smirk.

Fallon hadn’t seen anything, only heard Lilly’s cry of pain before he glanced down and saw her lying there. 
Isolde wasn’t standing for this treatment. The king would find himself hurled across the small hut and held in place by unseen fingers. “You are not welcome here, this is not your land!”

68The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Well when your lot turns into animals. How can you expect us to notice?" Odin snorted. "Can your boyfriend do that trick?" 

Erath grit his teeth and glared at Isolde. "You will not tell me where I belong, woman. You can't blame me for the humans! That was his fault!"

69The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Not my boyfriend, and no, not elves have that ability.” Raven replied, though hadn’t exactly fully answered Odin’s question. 

“You lost your temper, like always!” Isolde snapped, not releasing Erath as she crouched beside her daughter, sighing with relief when she saw the younger elf was mostly unharmed.

70The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You're not telling me everything but that's your choice. It's not like it's going to matter once we get back to the village." Odin grumbled.

"I'm ok." Lilly whispered, presing her fingers to her bleeding nose.

71The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Why? Because your people will lock me away until I confess my secrets?” Raven asked with a quiet chuckle.

“You’re bleeding, that is never okay.” Isolde told the young elf sternly. “He needs to learn to control his temper, lest he break everything he holds dear!” She added, glancing pointedly at Erath.
Fallon was watching the scene with wide eyes, almost pinching himself. That had to be it... he had forgotten to eat while out hunting with Odin, and had passed out.

72The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Something like that." Odin muttered. He didn't have time to explain as a loud shout echoed through the trees and he suddenly found himself face first in the dirt.
Devlin tackled the large human he was certain was hurting his future queen. The two of them went sprawling into an enormous pile of leaves, the human cursing all the way. He was rather proud of himself at taking down a giant. Surely Raven would be impressed...

Erath snorted at her and shook his head. "I am protecting her. It's not my fault she stepped in front of...a human." He said with disgust.

73The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Raven was not impressed. The princess shoved her slender hands roughly against Devlin’s chest, hissing at him that he was an idiot. “What do you think you are doing?!” She demanded, more angry that he thought her in need of rescue, than him attacking Odin like he had.

“Why is the human even here?!” Isolde hissed. “You should have wiped his memory, and sent him on his way!”

74The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Devlin gave Raven a shocked look, pointing at the growling pile of leaves. "I sensed you needed me." He said defensively. "I show up and that...human was trying to hurt you!" 

"He is a prince." Erath said evenly. "It's time we connect with their world. If we don't..." He glanced toward his youngest. "This will keep happening."

75The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Do I look like I’m hurt?” Raven shot back. “You sensed nothing... you were following me, again, we’rent you?!” She added, narrowing her strange coloured eyes at her future husband.

This drew Isolde’s attention back to the open mouthed human staring at them. “A prince?” She echoed, now walking around Fallon and inspecting him like a prize bull. “Maybe you’re on to something, for once.” She agreed. The flame haired woman was now stood directly beside the king as she released him from his invisible bonds.“Having your eldest marry him instead of that elven pretty boy could bring a great deal to your kingdom.” She breathed, only loud enough for the two of them to hear.

76The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

It took him several minutes, but Devilin nodded, his shaggy silver hair tumbling into his pale green eyes. "You obviously needed me." He said softly.

Erath nodded, a wicked smile touching his lips. "I always knew you were the smart one."

77The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:37 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Obviously?” Raven asked as she rolled her eyes. “I am here on the king’s order.”

“And yet you chose to marry wickedness instead.” Isolde replied rather thinly.

78The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I can't imagine your father would order you to go anywhere with a giant. Even he is not that cruel." Devilin snorted. "I shall kill him and make it easier on everyone." 

"I had little choice in the matter, Isolde. It was my duty as a king." Erath told her, his tone kinder than usual.

79The old ways - Page 3 Empty Re: The old ways Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:37 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Lay one finger on him, and I shall be forced to tell my father why exactly I failed in my diplomatic mission.” Raven warned, the tip of her bow jabbing against Devlin’s chest in warning.

“You had every choice because you are king.” Isolde snapped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum