The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Vendettas

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 25]

1Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Old Vendettas Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

The BSAA were as swift as ever with their rescue and clean up efforts in the aftermath of the New York attack. People were already being evacuated from the worst affected areas, a precaution they were told, nothing more. It was a chance to sweep the bodies from the streets and remove the charred remains of one Glenn Arias. There were emergency medical units being errected in many buildings. People were thankfully vaccinated, but there were still a great many wounded wandering the streets. Even the heroes themselves had found their way the one of the larger medical units, though one of their number would soon be regretting that decision. 
Chris Redfield would be given little warning before his wife zeroed in on him, lean limbs pushing people aside before she slapped him hard enough to make a sound that echoed. “You force me behind a desk, and this is how I have to find you?!” She hissed, holding up her PDA with a flashing red dot that showed Chris’ current location.
The small nurse who had been treating Chris for superficial wounds stared at the brunette with wide eyes, already quite terrified of this formidable looking woman.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

421Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It didn’t help Ciara any that her mother would also have done the very same thing. There was no escaping that need to help others. 
Jill turned her head when she heard Chris breathe the name of their niece. She sucked in a few shaking breaths, trying desperately to pull herself together. People needed her, she couldn’t let them down.
Billy knew there was no getting away from this now, they even knew her name. “Hey, what happened?” He asked gruffly, keeping his face turned away slightly, even if he knew Chris couldn’t possibly know him by sight.

422Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris managed to pull himself up and moved to the young woman. He knew better than to hug her as he would have his sister. Ciara didn't trust him. It was made clear by the way she backed up when he came near. "Chris..." She breathed. "You look like shit." 
Chris laughed softly. She reminded him so much of Claire. She'd have greeted him the same way. "Yeah." He said softly, pushing his hands through his hair. It was then that he noticed the man on the ground. "You guys..." He glanced at the chopper and then at Jill, worried by what he was seeing. "Are you...okay...kiddo?"

423Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy heaved himself back to his feet, knowing they needed to end this conversation quickly. “Yeah, I was just taking her for something to eat, after we get cleaned up.” He interjected before Ciara could answer.
Jill was back on her own feet now, her pale cobalt eyes wide as she joined Chris, looking over the niece she had never met before. It was heartbreaking. “You look just like him...” She breathed, pressing slender fingers to her lips.

424Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ciara turned her eyes to Jill, cocking her head to the side. "Huh?" Her fingers slid away from Billy's as she took a step toward the other woman. "Him...who?" She didn't like that this other woman seemed to know something she didn't. It was leaving with a strange feeling. 
"You two shouldn't go into that town for something to eat." Chris said, almost too loudly. "It's not safe. Why don't you come with us? I didn't catch your name..." He held a hand out to Billy, daring him not to shake it.

425Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy hesitated slightly, but he knew this man would instantly be on high alert of he refused his hand. “William... Carter.” He replied, shaking the extended hand firmly. At least only half of what he had just said was a lie.
Jill couldn’t help starting at Ciara. She was thinking of everything they had missed out on. Seeing her grow up, all the firsts that other families took for granted.

426Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris gave Billy a strange look. The hesitation of his last name hadn't helped his situation. "Where are you from, Carter?" He asked. He took a step in between him and Ciara, cutting off his view of her. 
"What?" Ciara snapped, wrapping her arms around herself. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She felt exposed, like this woman knew her in a way she didn't understand.

427Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Where are you from?” Billy countered thinly.
“I’m sorry... you look just like someone I know...” Jill breathed, moving a little closer now that Chris was preoccupied with ‘William’.

428Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Raccoon city." Chris said, creating yet more space. He'd read the side of the helicopter. He knew that this man belonged to a darker purpose. He had probably brought Ciara here to hurt her. He tapped the gun on his hip. "Is there some reason you don't want to talk, Carter?" 
Ciara shook her head, taking a step back and bumping into Chris. She was like a startled deer, her eyes wide and her nostrils flaring. When she realized that she couldn't see Billy she panicked and took off running, heading away from the helicopter and straight toward the infected city.

429Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy was glad of the interruption, but also knew it wouldn’t take Wesker long to know Ciara had bolted. “Shit...” He had seen Chris’ less than subtle threat with the gun, but ran after Ciara anyway.
“Nice going!” Jill muttered, though It wasn’t directed at Chris. She knew it hadn’t been Chris’ fault, this was all on her.

430Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris looked toward Jill and groaned. He didn't want to run anymore. So he decided not to. He grabbed Jill's arm and turned her toward the helicopter. "He'll get her. We need to check that out." He said gruffly.

Ciara's bare feet slapped onto the pavement and she came to a stop. The town was silent. There was nothing but empty cars and smoke rising in the distance. This wasn't normal. She didn't like the feeling this gave her.

431Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Why didn’t you tell me she looked just like him?” Jill asked, needing the conversation to keep going, else her thoughts would have her deciding to run after the teenager they had just watched sprint into the heart of the infection. 

It hadn’t taken Billy long to catch her up, his long legs allowing him to easily pass her if he had wished to. Instead he watched her reaction to what was happening. He, and everyone around him, had become jaded to things like this. He couldn’t even remember what his own reaction had been the first time.

432Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:40 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris didn't give Jill what she wanted. He was more interested in the solid black chopper. His stomach told him who it belonged to. "You recognize this?" He asked, pointing to the strange symbol near the rear wing.

Ciara saw the gray skinned man stumbling toward her but wasn't sure she liked the way he looked. He came from behind a blue van, his arms reaching for her.

433Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Chris, we need to...” Jill had been about to argue the mistake of leaving Ciara alone with William when her gaze drifted to where he was pointing. “Fuck...” Of course she recognised it.

Billy hadn’t felt the need to point a gun at Chris, he didn’t exactly see him as a threat. But now, he was slowly pulling his weapon from its holster as he watched the creature approach Ciara. The darkness in him wanted to see if she truly did have the survival instincts of her parents.

434Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What?" Chris didn't like the tone. He knew it well. "Oh shit. That Carter guy...he was a Wesker flunky wasn't he?" He sighed, shoving his fingers through his hair yet again. "Fuck. Now we're going to have to kill him and then go save Sherry. I wanted to take a goddamn nap!" He muttered.

Ciara wouldn't let him down. The moment the man got too close, she punched him. When she realized it hadn't done any good she backed up, kicking him squarely in the chest. This unbalanced him and he fell forward. After a few quick motions the young woman used her slender legs to break his neck. 
She got to her feet, surprised to find that the man was still alive but no longer moving anything but his mouth. "What the hell?" She hissed.

435Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill sighed and wrapped her arms around Chris’ waist as she simply laid her head against his chest. “I’m getting too old for this shit...” she murmured. “But... yeah. We have to go get her.”

Billy pushed his gun away, more than satisfied with her take down. “And you say you’re nothing special?” He asked as he finally approached.

436Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Remember that time I talked about building us a log cabin and putting a bear skin rug on the floor?" Chris asked. "I'd still like to do that. Just...when I do...I'm not going to tell anyone where we are." He turned his wife to face him and kissed her, his hands resting on her hips. 

"What the hell wrong with that guy?" Ciara demanded. "Did you see him? He was totally getting fresh with me! He smells like...I dunno, but it's not good! And why do you have a gun?" She added, pointing to the one she was ashamed to realize she'd only just now noticed.

437Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill murmured softly into the kiss; the idea of complete isolation away from everyone but Chris seemed like absolute heaven right then. “We never did get to finish our honeymoon.” She remarked, relieved that even after all these years, he still knew exactly what to say to get her focused again.

Billy glanced to the gun, then back at Ciara with an amused grin. “That’s the part in all this that bothers you?”

438Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris laughed, resting his forehead against hers. "Honey, when we get everyone situated, we can have a million honeymoons." He whispered, hugging her tightly. 

"Uh...yeah." Ciara said with a nod. She moved close to him, frowning slightly. "Listen...Rebecca wanted me to give you something as soon as we landed so...don't be mad...okay?" As soon as she was close enough she did exactly what the elder woman told her to do, she jabbed the syringe into his stomach. She hated herself for it. Billy had done nothing to hurt her. Rebecca had said that this was going to hurt. 
Chris saw what the young woman did and he picked up speed, not taking a chance that the large man would hurt his niece. "Get her!" He said to Jill. "I'll deal with..." 
"No...I need to get the thing off his chest!" Ciara shouted at Chris. "You wouldn't understand! I have to do it quick!"

439Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy had dropped to his knees, whatever was in the syringe was burning like liquid fire across every nerve ending in his body. It pulsed through him, each time converging in his chest where the device was attached. It had him ripping open his shirt, clawing at something that was look all too familiar to both Chris and Jill.

440Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Jill..." Chris turned to his wife, knowing that she would know what to do. He grabbed his niece around the waist to keep her from getting hurt. He'd been through this with Jill. He knew how powerful a creation of Wesker's could be.

441Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill understood instantly and nodded at Chris before she sprinted at Billy. They had to get that thing off him before...
It was too late. The already well built man swatted Jill aside as he struggled back to his feet. He was glaring at them all now, seemingly trying to decide which one he would attack first.
“Chris, get her back to that chopper and get it out of here!” Jill shouted as she bounced back to her feet and took another run at Billy, better prepared for his aggression now.

442Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Like hell!" Ciara roared, slamming an elbow into the side of her uncle's face. It was enough to for him to drop her and she too was running at Billy. 
"Fucking...Kennedy..." Chris growled, shaking his head to try and clear his vision. 
"For your own good, Meathead!" The smallest of the three shouted, grabbing for another syringe in her pocket. Rebecca had said she would need more than one but it might take her longer to get it into him.

443Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill kicked Billy in the knees hard enough to floor him as she made a grab for the device on his chest. She only got one good tug on it before he tossed her aside again, right into Ciara and sending them both rolling several feet away.

444Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Coen!" Chris was never one to catch on quickly but something about the man hit home to him. He saw the syringe now lying on the ground and made a run for it, knowing it was important if Ciara had it in her possession. 
The little blonde pushed to her feet and pushed Jill away, fighting for every breath. "Billy...don't...Let me help you..." She pleaded. "Rebecca said you needed me..."

445Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Rebecca is a whore!” Billy snarled, sounding very much not like himself. “A fucking Wesker loving whore!” 
Jill had recovered quickly and was again approaching Billy. “That’s it, Ciara. Keep talking to him.” She breathed, remembering all too clearly the sound of Chris’ voice as she had gone through much of the same thing.

446Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You loved her." Ciara breathed, wondering why that truth seemed to hurt so much. "It's okay." She moved closer. "I never told you thank you for the shirt. You made me feel safe. I wasn't afraid of the dark..." She moved closer still, her slender fingers reaching out to him. 
Chris went still, his eyes on Jill. He waited for her guidance. When she told him to move he would. He needed to learn to trust her as she did him. Now was as good a time as any.

447Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill had stopped moving too. She knew this could go one of two ways, and was scared it would be the outcome that would hurt them all the most. She saw Billy hesitate, Ciara’s voice reaching him. They stared at each other, and then in an instant it was over. He was howling again, on his knees like he was trying to wretch his insides out. It was then she saw the different colour to the device on his chest.
“Ci...Ci...” he was trying to beg her to end him, but the words wouldn’t come, only blinding pain that had him wishing for death.
Jill was edging away from him, shaking her head slightly at Chris. This was different, Wesker had learned from what he had done to her, and apparently enacted an awful safety measure.

448Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:02 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It's okay." Ciara whispered, now close enough to touch him. She slid the syringe into his neck, warm tears sliding down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry. You're going to have to die. He has to see you die." She breathed. What Rebecca gave him was not a cure but another virus. Billy Coen was going to be no better than Wesker himself and he was going to hate it. But for it to work, even the young woman had to believe he was dead. 
When he collapsed to the ground Ciara went with him, only then able to pull off the device. She sobbed openly. "He...he was kind to me and I...I agreed to..." She looked up at Jill, her nose a classic Redfield red. "I'm the monster. Not that man." She whispered. "Not Rebecca..."

449Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill was quick to kneel down beside Ciara and gather the young woman into her arms. “Oh sweetie... you’re no monster, you’re stronger than I could have ever hoped for.” She breathed, hugging her tightly and turning her away from Billy. 
The former marine no longer moved. His body simply lay there, the same angry wounds in his chest as those that had marred Jill’s own flesh for some weeks after her’s was removed.

450Old Vendettas - Page 15 Empty Re: Old Vendettas Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't...I don't know you..." Ciara pushed away from Jill, the guilt eating her alive. 
Chris didn't move either. He was staring down at Billy, thinking of the stories that Rebecca had told him about this man. He thought of the stories Jill had told him about serving Wesker. What kind of hell had this man suffered and for how long? "We can't leave him here like this." He said softly. "He deserves better."  
"Yeah. He did." Ciara said thinly, scowling at them both. "I gotta go."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum