The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire and Ice

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

1Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Fire and Ice Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

The summer court of the fae was still in the throws of the summer solstice feast, despite their queen having fallen ill only a few short days ago. The smell of fresh flowers and apple cider wafted through the air, it was a scent even a human nose would have followed to its blissful end. But not this fae. No, Demetria despised it. Her delicate nose was wrinkled slightly at the smell that assaulted it as the heels of her boots made a dull click against the warm wooden floors with each stride she took. The summer palace had never held any beauty for her. It was everything her own home in the winter court wasn’t, and was everything that humans loved about the spring and summer. The winter palace was forever scented with pine and had the same silence to it that came with a night of fresh snowfall. If not for Yule, she doubted the humans would ever have worshipped her own people at all. But here she was, approaching their banquet hall, silken hair as dark as the long winter nights swaying with each purposeful stride she took. The moment the doors opened, all the frivolity turned suddenly silent, fae grabbing hold of the ones next to them as though she were some kind of harbinger. 
“Oh please, don’t stop on my account.” Her velvety voice purred, lips pulled into a sardonic smile.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

31Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Rayne wished she had an answer to that. “Someone you trust, someone who will ensure the winter court do not get within an inch of her.” She managed to breathe. Luckily for Ash, his ailing mother was quickly becoming unable to catch her breath, meaning he was spared any further words on her feelings towards humans.

32Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash left his mother's room, he headed out to the forest. He needed the peace and quiet to think and breathe. He was not ready to become king. He was not nearly wise enough to lead. Or at least he didn't feel that way. And the ruling of a wife . He didn't want one of those. He didn't know what to do with her...

Autumn stepped into the human world without being seen. A blessed mercy. She wasn't comfortable with the human world but at least it was away from the troubles of her own realm.

33Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

A crow landed on the branch directly above Ash’s head, cawing loudly in the otherwise silent forest. It watched him, an intelligence in its beady little eyes that betrayed its appearance.

Though Autumn had arrived unseen, it didn’t mean she would remain so. Fae folk may appear human on this side of the veil, but they were far more beautiful than other humans and stuck out considerably.

34Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash leaned back against an ancient oak and took in a heavy breath. He'd never had anyone to talk to. His mother was busy running a kingdom and his father had been killed when he was small.
He remembered little about the man save his kind golden eyes and his warm laughter. Things had been so different when he was young. Even the winter fae had joined the celebrations. Of course... All that had changed when their king had killed the Summer king.
The Queens blamed one another and set up strict rules to keep the two kingdoms apart. It had devastated him. He'd had friends in the Winter court. But like his mother, he blamed them all for his father's death.

Autumn tipped her button nose to the cold air able to smell the coffee shop nearby. It would be warm in there and she loved their scones. As if in response to her thoughts her stomach rumbled. She stepped inside, completely unaware this was a way point for winter fae.

35Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Unlike Ash, Demetria thought little on her childhood. Though she was to one day take the winter throne, it by no means meant she was her parents favourite. They sores on her brother, allowed him come and go as he pleased. It was perhaps a good enough reason why she was often so vindictive and some might say cruel. 
“You won’t find your future bride out here.” Her sharp tone commented as the crow burst from the branches, the cloud of feathers taking an entirely female form now. 

The coffee shop was a boring place to a fae who passed through the veil frequently. Full of idle chatter and people far too concerned with whatever the latest fad coffee was. The dark haired young man with the intense and piercing eyes glanced around, waiting for the perfect moment to slip through. It had been a while now, and he knew he should make certain his mother hadn’t killed his sister. It was as he sat in a dark corner that suddenly the small of harvest apples assaulted him like a slap to the face. He looked up from the book he was pretending interested him. He would remember that face until his dying day. But it couldn’t be... could it?

36Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash's sky colored eyes twinkled as he watched the crow become female. He still remembered when she'd been learning that particular magick. "Stopped turning yourself into a goat have you?" He teased gently.

Autumn closed her eyes as she stepped inside, her rounded cheeks still red from the cold. She once again breathed deeply. The smell was cinnamon, her favorite. She was dying to try the scones, the bright green eyes sparkling as she searched them out. She had no idea she was being watched.

37Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:12 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You found that form entirely too pleasing.” Demetria replied without missing a beat. The young princess had always enjoyed her magick, though her mother did not like how easily it had come to the young princess. 

“They aren’t warm, not anymore.” A deep voice purred into Autumn’s ear, though no one was stood beside her. It was the kind voice that had had countless human women on there backs streaming its owners name.

38Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:13 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Indeed. Sacrificial animals always did make my heart race." Ash purred, stepping closer to the dark haired woman. "Why are you still here? My mother still lives. And even if she weren't this kingdom would not be yours. Ever." He narrowed his eyes at Demetria.

Autumn turned her head, curiosity filling her eyes. There was no one near her. And the voice ... It was lovely, like a warm cinnamon bun. Again her stomach rumbled. Maybe that would be a better choice. She turned to thank the owner of the voice, only to find herself still alone.

39Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Again, Demetria didn’t seem intimidated by the summer prince as he towered over her, instead she simply smiled up at him. “That sounds like a challenge...” she purred.

The dark haired fae smirked slightly, surprised such childish magick had worked. Perhaps his sister was right, perhaps the summer fae were too naive. He was still watching when a large man seemed to take an interest in Autumn. The human was leering at the poor princess, his vile fingers daring to reach out and touch hair that was too soft and silken to be human.
“Everything okay?” He asked, stalking up behind Autumn, sliding his arms around her waist and pulling her back against his chest. “I’ve been waiting forever, did you forget your purse again?” He added, making it quite believable that they were already well aquatinted with one another.

40Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:07 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Of course it is." Ash hissed, narrowing his eyes at her. "Why are you continuing your father's legacy? He is a monster. Your mother married him only to gain control of the underworld. "

"Purse?" Autumn was flustered as this human caught her off guard. "I don't have one of those..." She was trying to push his arms away, not realizing just how firm a grip he had on her.

41Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:48 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Underworld? That’s what you think?” Demetria asked with a dark smirk. “Oh please, the dead are child’s play. Besides... I’m not the kind of person to continue the legacy of another, I want one all of my own. Don’t you agree?” She asked, her painted nails walking a path up the front of Ash’s shirt.

“Well, we should get you home so you can pick it up.” Autumn’s ‘saviour’ responded, letting go of her only to take her arm and link it through his own as he practically dragged her from the coffee shop.

42Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Which is why you banished your father there with your magick?" Ash snorted, pushing away her fingers. "I'd rather my own legacy wasn't tained by the death of my parents."

Autumn didn't yell for help, even though she did her best to wiggle her arm free. "Excuse, you need to let me go." She said softly. "I don't belong to you. "

43Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Demetria grinned again, watching Ash from beneath her dark lashes. “A little late, wouldn’t you say? Your daddy is dead because you wanted all your little lambs to play nice with with the wolves.”

“No. Of course you don’t. You always got so mad when I would pull your hair, princess.” The dark haired man replied with a devil may care grin as he let go of Autumn.

44Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"He wanted that." Ash corrected. "I would never have let the lot of you out of the ice realm." His eyes darkened, feeling a deep sense of anger come over him. He couldn't let his father's death go.

"Aster?!" Autumn cried, her vivid green eyes sparkling with joy. She threw her arms around him, knocking them both to the ground. "By the harvest moon! You grew up!" She straddled him, looking down into his ice colored eyes. "And your voice! It's so different." Without warning she dipped her head, pressing her lips to his.

45Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:36 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“And yet here we are.” Demi replied, finally taking a step back, apparently rather bored now. “A man can’t rule a kingdom, not well at least. No matter what happens, you’re going to fail.” She informed him with a shrug as she turned away. “The death of summer lies with you, Ash.” His name rolled past her lips slowly as she said it, like she was devouring that one single word. 

Aster’s hands had been settled against Autumn’s waist as they landed, but the moment those warm lips found his own, he couldn’t help but tangle his fingers in her silken hair. She tasted just like he remembered. So many stolen kisses, secret trysts knowing their siblings would not approve. Aster never really noticed the cold in his chest while he was within the winter veil, but here in the human world it gnawed like a hungry beast, such was his need to find companionship with countless women. But that relief was fleeting. One simple kiss from Autumn and the pain faded completely. The winter prince couldn’t even form a simple thought while the summer princess was straddled on top of him.

46Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:48 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash didn't know why this woman could affect him so much. But she did. She made it hard to breathe and the cool air had nothing to do with it. Nevertheless, he had to stay away from her. His kingdom counted on him.
"I have chosen a wife, Demetria. Don't try to sound so gleeful, thinking you have already won."

Finally Autmn pulled away and moved to sit down beside the prince. "Where did you go?" She asked, her voice almost too soft to be heard. "I missed you so much."

47Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:58 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Demetria paused, though she kept her back to Ash. Why did her stomach suddenly twist at the idea of Ash taking a wife? Finally she simply allowed herself a glance over her shoulder, her strange coloured eyes meeting Ash’s. “Accidents happen all the time.” She informed him, her threat very thinly veiled. 

Aster still didn’t speak for the longest time. Eventually he did sit up and ran his fingers through his dark hair. “You know why.” He breathed. “If Demi found out how I felt about you... you know what her temper is like.” He added, finally daring to look across at Autumn. “You’re even more beautiful...” He found himself whispering, reaching out and touching rough fingers to Autumn’s smooth cheek.

48Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash sighed heavily. He almost wished Demetria was right. That way he could pretend to mourn a wife and rule the summer Fae alone as his mother had.

Autumn laughed softly, resting her fingers over his. "I looked for you at the veil where our kingdoms meet but you never came."

49Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Who is she?” The winter fae finally demanded, spinning round to stalk back to Ash. 

Aster sighed sadly and let his fingers drop back to his lap. “I couldn’t risk it. Demi is so thirsty for the throne that she would use you and I to get it.” He replied. “It isn’t enough that she will be ruler of our own side of the veil, she wants it all. She wasn’t always like this...”

50Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash chuckled softly, unknowingly having the same thought as the winter prince in that moment. Demetria was not the girl he once knew. "Why do you care? It won't be your burden. Remember?" He purred.

Autumn nodded. "She was down right terrifying when she showed up at the harvest celebration." She agreed, finally getting up and shoving her fingers through her hair. "I was worried about Ash. He used nothing more than words. Like he refused to defend the people or something. But maybe... He is sad. Mother is dying."

51Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I shall need to know which fae family to send my condolences to when she passes.” Demetria replied with an icy smile.

“He did the right thing.” Aster agreed as he too got to his feet, the tight chill in his chest quickly returning now Autumn was no longer touching him. “I imagine Demetria went there looking for a fight. She would wait for him to make the first move, then take his head and claim self defence.” He added, seeming to believe without question that his twin sister was a better swordsman than the summer prince. “I am sorry to hear about your mother. Should you not be with her now?”

52Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash shook his head. "No worries, lovely. I've got this under control." He said with a warm smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, princess... I sent a message ahead that I was coming."

Autumn shook her head. "She won't let me. She said it would be a darkness I didn't need." She sniffed, trying not to cry. " Whatever that means."

53Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Demetria was clearly not accustomed to being dismissed in this fashion. “Savour the moment, Ash. You aren’t fit to rule, and never will be. No man was built for such power.” She replied, before disappearing in a burst of ebony feathers. One of them even tucked itself into the princes’ golden hair.

Aster reached out and pulled Autumn close, burying his nose in her sweet smelling hair. “That much is true.” He assured her gently, closing his eyes as he selfishly felt the coldness fade once more. “You had to witness what happened to your father, you don’t need to go through that again.”

54Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Ash tucked the feather into his pocket as he stepped over the veil into the bustle of the human world. He didn't know why he was keeping it. Perhaps a memory. Of better times.

The tiny red head, closed her eyes. She'd never told anyone but Aster her secret. It still woke her up at night, screaming for help that didn't come.

55Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Perhaps I should take you back...” Aster murmured, worried that if Demetria found out Autumn was here, she would somehow use it against the Queen. “It isn’t safe, not right now.”

56Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I couldn't stay in the Summer realm." Autumn admitted. "Everyone is scared now because your sister showed up. They have suddenly remembered my mother is dying and the harvest celebrations are over a week before they should be. It scares me, Aster. These are signs of an everlasting winter. My people won't survive that."

57Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Aster sighed quietly and ran his fingers through his dark hair. This was exactly what Demetria wanted. It was all too perfectly timed to be coincidence. “All the more reason to take you home. If Demi realises you’re here... with me... Well let’s just say scary wouldn’t quite cut it.” He breathed. “She’s... changed. I don’t know what, or when... but that dark creature, she’s not my sister. She had a mean streak, but this is cold, even for a future Winter Queen.”

58Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I saw her. Even my brother's eyes darkened at the sight of her. That terrified me just as much as she did." Autumn admitted. "But...I don't want to go back. Aster, you are not responsible for me. You never were. Go back to what you were doing and pretend you never saw me. "

59Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I can’t do that, you know I can’t.” Aster breathed as he reached out and gently tilted Autumn’s chin up. “I left our world for exactly that reason... I couldn’t keep away from you.”

60Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't want you to. I never wanted you to. But... No one ever asked me." She whispered. Autumn closed her emerald eyes, a single tear sliding down her cheek.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum