The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doopleganger

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 37]

1Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Doopleganger Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Rebecca Chambers stared at the clone and shook her head. It was a much better copy than the one they'd worked on of Wesker during the Africa debacle. She sighed deeply and shook her head. 
"This isn't going to work. I don't care how good he looks." She muttered, well aware of the tall man standing in the background. "This is Jill we're talking about. Chris pulled her out of her own virus. There's no way she won't sense something." She groaned again and ran her fingers through her hair, only now remembering she hadn't bothered to have it cut in a long while. "Goddamn it. I could understand him dying in a biochemical outbreak but cancer? Who covers that shit up?!" The headache was there behind her eyes. She needed coffee and sleep. At least coffee. "He's not going to fool anyone. He's too cheerful. Chris was a real son of a bitch there at the end. And what about Claire? She'll smell a rat...oh god....What the hell was I thinking agreeing to this?"

61Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

After several beers however, Piers had told him. Chris hadn't seemed surprised. And why should he? He'd already known. It was one of the things the yellow eyes man had taught him. If it was a memory that caused that real Chris pain, he was more than happy to remind him. 
Which was why he was currently awake so late that night, after dreaming about the murder of parents not even his own. He was willing to bet Chris hadn't told his sister this truth.

Rebecca was laying in the floor of her tiny bathroom, trying to think if she'd ever been so sick. She'd never drank a day in her life and it wasn't sitting well at all. The cold tile floor reminded her  of familiar skin that would have comforted her during a time like this. Or at least insulted her for being so weak. The very thought made her begin to sob.

62Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill finally gave up on sleep when she felt Chris tossing and turning beside her. “I know you hate it... it talking helps.” She breathed, resting her head against his shoulder as ear fingers subconsciously traced against a place in his chest that should have held a scar...

Right On queue Rebecca’s doorbell rang. Outside this time however she wouldn’t find flowers, instead it was the suitcase she had left behind at her old apartment.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

63Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris brushed her fingers away, reminding himself he needed to keep her at somewhat of a distance when it came to these things. "No. It's ok. I don't need to talk about it. I just need to stop thinking about it." He murmured after a long moment. "Stop worrying so much." He laughed softly, pulling her fingers to his lips. 

Rebecca stood staring at the suitcase, shaking her head. She didn't take it as a gift. She took it as a sign that he was refusing to let her out of her work contract. This hurt more than she thought it would.

64Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:11 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

This nagging feeling she had in her gut was still being rationalised away by the thought that Chris had simply been through a lot these past few months. It wouldn’t save him forever though, soon Jill was going to start asking bigger questions than for him to talk to her. “You know my worrying about you is a full time job.” She breathed.

Work contract or no, Rebecca should have known better than to think anyone could simply walk away from Albert Wesker.

65Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:41 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Barry told me Rebecca was acting weird last night." Chris said. They'd given up on trying to sleep and settled on breakfast at his favorite pancake house. "Did you notice anything strange?" He went on, pulling a Redfield special and stuffing an entire waffle into his mouth.

Angrily, Rebecca thought about their last night together. She'd gone to Wesker, stood on tiptoe and kissed him before he could protest. She didn't care who saw them. She was done hiding. The rest of the night was different from anything that had ever happened between them. When it was over she had whispered the truth that had ruined everything. 
Wesker had changed after that. He spoke gruffly to her, avoided her if possible, and acted if he were far too busy to speak with her unless it was important. 
With this reminder burning humiliation into her heart and soul, Rebecca grabbed the suitcase and tossed it down the nearest garbage chute. Sobbing bitterly she slammed the door to her apartment and made the call for an immediate move.

66Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill was simply watching Chris as a smile tugged at her lips. She had missed this. All that was missing was Claire to argue that pancakes were superior. “Stranger than usual?” She asked before pausing to sip her black coffee.

It didn’t take long before there was a knock at the door. The voice on the other side declared that he was there to discuss her options for a fresh home, and to have her sign some paperwork.

67Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris shrugged, cutting into another waffle. "I don't remember her being so quiet." He said finally. 

Rebecca zipped her suitcase and moved to the door, again ready to head out. She was exhausted but filled with resolve. She couldn't stay here. It wasn't safe.

68Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You and Claire were pretty loud, like always. You probably just drowned her out.” Jill replied, with a smirk before stealing what was left of her new husband’s waffle.

How right she was. Standing in her doorway was the very man she was running from. He was, as usual, wearing his sunglasses, and a rather self satisfied smile. “You honestly thought I didn’t know?”

69Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She looked like she was worried." Chris grunted, trying in vain to stab at the now vacant waffle on his plate. "What's wrong? Are she and Claire fighting?" He grumbled, clearly pouting.

Rebecca stepped back, fully prepared to slam her door. Even if she knew it wouldn't do her any good, it wouldn't hurt to try. "Go away." She hissed, as the hard wood slammed against his boot. "I told you I quit."

70Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill sighed sadly and shook her head. “They would have to actually hang out for that to happen.” She replied. “Claire is hung up on Leon, and Rebecca has... Al...” Her voice trailed slightly as something began to bag at her thoughts.

“You don’t get to quit.” Wesker Informed Rebecca coolly, pushing through door all the way open again. “You think you can just walk away and that’s it? That’s not how this works.”

71Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Al?" Chris knew he needed to change the subject. The look in Jill's eyes told him as much. But this version didn't know the full history. He didn't know just how much this was bothering her. "Let's go fishing. I feel like it's been forever since I've done that." 

"It is because I say it is." Rebecca said firmly, taking one step backward to regain her footing. "It's a job, right? That's what happens when you decide you've had enough. You of all people should know that."

72Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill was chewing on her lower lip, something she often did when lost in thought. Why was what Rebecca had said suddenly bothering her so much? Quickly she realised Chris hawks just spoken to her. “Why don’t you invite Claire? You know how I feel about fish.” She responded with a wrinkled nose.

“When I’ve had enough, I don’t leave loose ends.” Wesker replied, taking a step forward for her one step back.

73Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:45 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"But Claire talks too much!" Chris whined, hoping this was enough to distract her. Unfortunately, he didn't know anything about fishing. They had left out the tiny details about Chris that made him who he really was. This model had greater flaws than they truly realized.

Rebecca supposed she had known it was coming to this all along. She should have seen the signs from the moment she opened her fool mouth. When she'd told him she loved him, he saw her as weak. There was no longer a use for her. 
She closed her eyes, taking in a shaky breath. "Would you...make it quick? Please?" She breathed.

74Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You could always ask Leon to come too... he has ways of keeping her quiet... Though others times he is the cause of the noise...” Jill replied with a smirk she didn’t even try to conceal as she lifted her coffee cup to her lips.

“I really rather wouldn’t...” Wesker breathed as Rebecca closed her eyes. “Quick would imply... inexperience.” He added with a slight smile, capturing Rebecca’s unsuspecting lips in a heated kiss before she could stop him.

75Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:41 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris struggled to think of what that way might be. He also found himself wondering if it would make the real Chris angry. Assuming it would he have a snort and shook his head. "Nope. Now you've ruined it. We might as well spend the day trying to remember my bank passwords."

Rebecca didn't know what to make of the kiss. Her analytical mind was racing through the many reasons he was doing it. She finally settled on the fact that he was not going to let anyone have the last word. Especially not someone as insignificant as her. 
Still, he tasted so good. She could help herself. Gingerly she slid her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. There were worse ways to die.

76Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:54 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill damn near spat her coffee out. “That sounds way too much like an offer to take me shopping!” She declared playfully.

With little effort Wesker lifted Rebecca up, kicking her door shut before turning and pressing her back against it. Why did this tiny woman have such control over him? He had found he actually missed the taste of her lips, amongst other places. He should have been observing his Redfield experiment, instead here he was pulling Rebecca’s clothing off.

77Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What?! No!" Chris cried, shaking his head. "I mean...if you want...but...really? Id rather tweeze my eyebrows..." He paused, a wicked smile stealing over his lips. "Can you shop for lacy underwear and stuff. I don't think I mind that store." He purred. 

Rebecca slept deeply for the remainder of the night, her head resting on Wesker's arm. She had once again whispered the words, this time against his lips as her eyes met his. 
She would deal with the fall out in the morning when she woke up. If she woke up.

78Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill grinned and leaned forward with her elbows on the table. “Babe, you know how much I hate wearing underwear...” She teased before closing the gap and kissing him gently. “But you also know I never could say no to you...”

Rebecca would wake in an entirely different place to where she fell asleep. She was again within the walls of Wesker’s own facility, though this time not as an employee. he had of course heard what she had said, but he was unable to reciprocate. If anyone found out...

79Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris' cheeks flamed, something they had never ever done before. He seemed to realize this and was quick to grab for his coffee. He took an enormous sip and choked on, hoping it was enough of a distraction. He was screwing everything up. The man with the yellow eyes was going to kill him.

Rebecca was surprised to find herself in Wesker's personal rooms. Not even she had been to them before. He had always come to her. 
She was also surprised to find her few belongings were there as well. They were sitting in the corner as if waiting for her to unpack them. 
This all left the tiny woman feeling even more lost and confused than before. What was it he wanted from her exactly?

80Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

They weren’t warning sirens just yet, but there were certainly warning sounds moving to the front of Jill’s thoughts. The old Chris would have grinned at that comment and told her he knew that, because that’s what made their secrets trysts in the old days so easy. “You know... if we’re doing the whole marriage thing now, surely we need to quit living out of boxes in my pokey apartment.” She remarked, watching him more closely now that he probably realised.

Wesker was still sleeping beside Rebecca, apparently quite soundly. What she wouldn’t know, was how little he had actually slept since she had tried to end things.

81Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You mean buying a house?" Chris asked her, his new grin deepening the dimple in his chin. "Or can I build it?" The old Chris had no interest in building. He was happy to live out of a box. 

Rebecca was frankly surprised to see him there at all. It was a rarity indeed for him to stay with her, much less show a side of him that left him vulnerable like that.

82Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Build it? You struggle with ikea, and you want to build a house?” She teased before taking another sip of her coffee.

Wesker began to stir, turning slightly with an arm draining across Rebecca as he buried his face into her smooth skin. This was indeed a vulnerable moment that his enemies would salivate to be privy to.

83Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris shrugged, his stomach churning. He wasn't going to survive this. It was becoming more and more obvious that he was nothing like the real Chris. Despite being his clone, he apparently had his own dreams and things he seemed to like. This would not do.
"Let's go house hunting then. Maybe I'm just trying to be something I'm not because of the brain injury." He murmured.

Rebecca slid her fingers through his hair, taking advantage of the rare moment. She stared at him for a long moment, wondering why he always felt the need to fight the world. He knew nothing but death and destruction. What had made him that way?

84Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Wow, you sure did but your head pretty hard, huh?” Jill asked before grinning again and reaching across the table to squeeze his hand tightly. “Don’t worry, we’ll look for a place with a big enough closet I can hide in when I make fun of your building skills.” She teased.

The simple answer to Rebecca’s question would have been a single word; Childhood. He had taken his revenge for what Spencer had done, it that was just it; the damage was already done. There was no undoing a life time of having to prove you were the best, the most cruel, the smartest. Failure to do so... well, few people knew just how many Wesker children there had originally been.

85Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris couldn't help the wide grin. "A fixer upper. I like the idea." He laughed. "Why do you think I married you?" Dropping money on the table he pulled her out of the booth and toward their car. 

Rebecca finally managed to wiggle her way out of the bed and ran for the bathroom. She found herself in love the moment she stepped into the oppulant room. She didn't blame him for living so lavishly. After everything people had done to him, he deserved at least one pleasure in life.

86Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Because no one else can handle you?” Jill asked with a grin, sliding her hand into his as they walked to the car. “They warned me about you when I joined STARS, but you know me... never once said no to that face.” She added, pinching his cheek playfully.

“It’s just a bathroom.” Wesker’s voice remarked from the doorway as he watched Rebecca, though his lips were curled into the slightest of smiles. “I may start to think you’ve never been in one before...”

87Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris laughed. "How could you? I'm sure I probably wouldn't let you anyway." He squeezed her hand tightly. "How  are many bedrooms are you thinking? Enough for our Redfield army? Me too."

"I've never been in one like this." Rebecca breathed. "It makes the master bedroom in the Spencer mansion look like a closet. And that tub..." She paused already running water into the ornate marble. "It's like a swimming pool..."

88Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Why? How many kids do you think Claire having?” Jill replied, a somewhat sad look in her eyes that she tried to hide. He couldn’t have forgotten... could he? Their own hopes had been dashed the moment she threw herself out the window to save his life.

“The Spencer mansion...” He snorted the words bitterly and shook his head. “Surely you of all people saw that the beauty only hid it’s true, destructive purpose?” He asked, sitting on the edge of the marble that surrounded the tub as he watched Rebecca. “But you... somehow you are the exception to that rule. No, you’re beauty, well that...” he paused and pulled her into his lap. “That hides nothing but an innocence I have so enjoyed corrupting.”

89Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris made a face. "Can you imagine Claire having kids? Me neither. We're going to adopt since I can't have any real ones. Unless...you want one with another guy?" He paused giving her a worried look.

Rebecca laughed softly at this, curling herself against him. "I'm not going to change the way I feel about you. Even if you never say it back." She breathed.

90Doopleganger - Page 3 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill had paused too. “Chris... you know I can’t do that.” She whispered. He had been there. He hasn’t believed what she has told him, so had insisted the BSAA doctor check her over too. He had been holding her hand, as well as holding back tears when it was confirmed she was unable to have children.

“Why do you though?” He asked out of the blue. “You are in danger just by being here, you realise that, don’t you? And when Jill finds out what we inserted into her life...” He couldn’t help but smile at that last one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum