The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doopleganger

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 37]

1Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Doopleganger Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Rebecca Chambers stared at the clone and shook her head. It was a much better copy than the one they'd worked on of Wesker during the Africa debacle. She sighed deeply and shook her head. 
"This isn't going to work. I don't care how good he looks." She muttered, well aware of the tall man standing in the background. "This is Jill we're talking about. Chris pulled her out of her own virus. There's no way she won't sense something." She groaned again and ran her fingers through her hair, only now remembering she hadn't bothered to have it cut in a long while. "Goddamn it. I could understand him dying in a biochemical outbreak but cancer? Who covers that shit up?!" The headache was there behind her eyes. She needed coffee and sleep. At least coffee. "He's not going to fool anyone. He's too cheerful. Chris was a real son of a bitch there at the end. And what about Claire? She'll smell a rat...oh god....What the hell was I thinking agreeing to this?"

601Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“No. Not. For. Him.” Claire told Natalia sternly, clearly tall of Leon filling her with anger.
Wesker smiled, quickly able to see his angle in.

“Moira. It isn’t your fault.” Jill told the young woman firmly. “Your dad wouldn’t want you blaming yourself like this. I promise you, Chris and I will be there soon. We will get through this, and find who ever is responsible.” She was moving around the house now, throwing fear into a bag as she went.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

602Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia took the smile as permission to order him the food. She completely missed the darkness for what it was. Soon enough she was setting food on Claire's desk and sneaking to Wesker's cell with what she'd ordered for him. Once the door was open she set down the tray and winked at him. "Totally bread and water." She whispered. "Don't eat too fast. You'll get sick." 

"Hurry...fucking hurry..." Moira sobbed, hanging up on Jill.
Chris was on his feet, watching his wife with worry. He didn't need to ask to know that they were headed out. "Should I go get Ruby?"

603Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I don’t get sick.” Wesker replied thinly, though he did lean forward slightly. “Isn’t your friend joining us?” He added, able to see Claire’s golden eyes peering through the glass in the door.

Jill paused what she was doing and nodded. “She’s still a flight risk. We can’t chance leaving her behind and have her running off to look for Leon alone.” She let out a long sigh and slid her arms around her husband, taking a brief moment to simply breathe him in. “I’ll get the gear packed. You sort the princess out.”

604Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia pulled on her braids, the subject of Claire a raw one.  "She's not my friend anymore. I don't know her." She admitted. "Anyway. I need to go." She turned and headed for the door, worried that Claire was going to tell Alex. This was going to end badly for her.

Soon the three of them were bunched together inside Chris' truck. Ruby was stuffed in between Chris and his wife who were chatting pleasantly about the warm winter and things of that nature.

605Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“What happened?” Wesker asked when he saw Natalia turn to leave. “Did she do something to hurt you?”

Ruby was fuming like a sulking teen. Everything about her screamed a younger version of Claire.
Jill saw the likeness and wondered if Chris saw it too. “Remember when you and I made Claire come with us to that gun conference? She sulked the entire way!” She exclaimed. “So mad that we were making her miss a date with that guy you hated.:. What was his name now?”

606Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia smiled and shook her head. "It's just old drama. You know how girls are." She added. "Enjoy your bread and water." Her brown eyes sparkled as she spoke. "I hope you don't mind that I stole a bite."

"Rodney." Chris growled the name with no hesitation. It was another of those things he shouldn't have known simply being the clone. "She tried to invite him to the hotel while we went to the conference. I found him in the pool with her...nearly drowned the guy." He laughed.

607Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker glanced down at the food, then back up at Natalia. “Your own wasn’t adequate?” He asked, actually wondering if she was given even enough.

Jill burst out laughing at the memory. “The best part was the fact it’s something you would have done, but still got so mad at her!” She exclaimed. “Can’t curb that Redfield lust.” Jill teased.
“So what’s your excuse then?” Ruby asked with a snort, her question directed at Jill.

608Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm supposed to watch my figure." Natalia shrugged, still smiling. "Alex complains about too much take out. I think it's the smell. Don't worry about me. I get enough." She told again reaching for the door.

Chris reached over and thumped her on the nose. He frowned deeply. "No sense in being nasty because you're jealous. I am pretty sexy."

609Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker allowed his gaze to sweep over Natalia’s svelte frame. “She’s starving you.” It was made quite clear that wasn’t a question. “To what end? And why does Redfield allow this? Her pathetic bleeding heart should shrivel at the mere thought.”

“I am not jealous.” Ruby huffed, not sure why she had felt it so important that these two people didn’t find out about her tumble with Leon moments before they had shown up. “And I doubt anyone but Jill is dumb enough to want you.” She sniffed in Chris’ general direction.

610Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Claire is not who she used to be." Natalia whispered, her joyous tone lost at last. "She...killed Barry. She shot him in the head. She obeys everything Alex says. I don't know her anymore."

Chris yanked the truck over to the side and got out, pulling Ruby out with him. "Listen here. You can talk to me any way you want but leave Jill alone. She's been through hell. She doesn't deserve what you're doing! Do you hear me?" He hissed, giving her a violent shake.

611Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker did little to hide his smile at this news. “Well now, little Red grew up and became everything her big brother hates.” He purred, enjoying the misery this news would bring Chris. “Barry always was too trusting.”

Ruby scowled up at Chris with raw fury in her sapphire eyes, before small but powerful palms slammed against his broad chest with enough force to send him back at least a step. “Right, and what BOTH of you are doing to me, that’s a walk in the park?” She hissed in reply. “You’re holding me hostage when I should be out there looking for Leon!”

612Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:03 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yes. He was." Natalia agreed. "Your food is getting cold, Mr. Wesker. Thank you for choosing to talk to me. I've been worried about you." Again her smile returned though she nervously pulled at a very familiar bracelet.

"We ARE looking for Leon. But until you tell us why you care so much, we can't you!" Chris shouted, shaking her again.

613Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:09 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker’s gaze was pulled to the bracelet, though for now he simply nodded. “I eat alone.” He informed Natalia rather coolly. He would have to take this slowly, if he wished to cause Alex the most inconvenience.

“Why do you care if I care?” Ruby shot back. “And for the record, Jill wouldn’t even be here if I hadn’t helped you escape!” She added in a low whisper, her bright eyes sparking with warning.

614Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:29 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia nodded, glad he hadn't wanted her to stay. Her stomach was already aching from the bite she'd stolen earlier. 
She pushed open the door and slipped out, relieved when she didn't see Claire. She decided to distract herself with searching for clothes Wesker might like.

"Which is why I'm trying to help you." Chris said, trying to calm himself down. "Just chill out. Jill is a good woman. Treat her better. Okay?"

615Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:37 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker was perplexed by Natalia. He didn’t understand a woman being as naive and trusting as she was while under command of his sister. Although, in a way... she reminded him of Rebecca. The pain was still raw, as was the desire to stand over Claire Redfield, her foul blood sliding through his fingers before he mailed her head back to her brother.

Ruby didn’t seem to be backing down. “Then you stop treating me like a child who needs protecting. I have two PhD’s and could kick your ancient ass any day of the week.” She shot back, her arms crossed defensively across her chest. The look on her face right then? 100% Jill Valentine. It was the look the other woman gave Chris every time he tried to pull the protective ‘man card’ on her.

616Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:56 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The next morning Natalia once again returned to Wesker's cell. She knew he was awake. This didn't stop her from sitting next to him and pushing up his shirt to listen to his heart. "You didn't eat." She noted almost sadly. "Did I ruin your apatite?"

Chris raised an eyebrow as he looked at her. He saw something there but knowing Wesker it was nothing but a trick of light. "Agreed." He said finally, noting that Jill was starting to get out. "Let's go."

617Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:03 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker again swatted Natalia’s hand away. “Why would you think that?” He asked without opening his eyes. “Alex is no fool. Which means I know she wouldn’t have you doing the job she would assign to one of her pathetic little minions. So... why are you really doing this?”

Ruby jumped into the car, this time in the back seat, just as Jill finally stepped out.
“What was all that about?” She asked him, concern weighing heavily in her tone. “Don’t be too hard on her, Chris. We don’t know what she’s been through, and she won’t tell us if she doesn’t trust us.” That was Jill, no matter what was done or said, she just wanted to help. “We can do this. I know we can.” She added, sliding her arms around Chris and hugging him tightly.

618Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:33 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia didn't know how to answer him. She'd heard of the bird in the gilded cage and perhaps that was it. She was saving him because she couldn't be free. 
Instead of answering she dared to each out and brush her fingers over his hair since he wasn't watching her. She was right. It was pure silk. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't want her to treat you that way  I lost my temper." Chris admitted. "You know how I can get. I guess some things never change." He sighed, resting his head on her shoulder.

619Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:14 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker’s fingers snapped out and caught Natalia’s slender wrist, keeping hold as he opened his eyes. “Cat got your tongue?” He purred.

Jill smiled warmly and gently ran her fingers through his hair. “I’d never want them to.” She assured Chris. “I love that you want to protect me, I really do. But Ruby is new to the whole Chris Redfield school of hard headed protection, just give her time.”

620Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia's eyes met his and for the first time she couldn't catch her breath. "You deserve to be free." She finally managed, reaching out to touch his face. "You sacrificed so much..."

Chris climbed back into the truck strangely stoic. He wondered why Jill had turned him into something he wasn't. She kept calling him Chris Redfield like he was truly the man she loved. He tried to be. But despite his efforts, they both knew he wasn't.

621Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“And look what good it did me.” Was Wesker’s simple reply. “You don’t even know what freedom is, how can you wish for it?”

Jill lingered outside a few moments longer, apparently trying to compose herself. Keeping up appearances for the sake of everyone else was exhausting.
Inside the truck Ruby have a quiet snort and shook her head when she saw Chris had returned alone. “And you say I’m the one who needs to treat her better? You’re an idiot.”

622Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I had freedom for a little while. It was..." She paused, closing her eyes with a warm smile. "Amazing." 
Outside the cell Alex was pacing. Natalia had disobeyed her yet again. "You were supposed to be watching her." She snapped, slapping Claire across the face.

"And you're a brat. Looks like we're even." Chris grunted. He was watching Jill in the rearview mirror, his guilt at being unable to truly be her hero still eating at him.

623Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire felt the sting and smiled; at least she could still feel. Slowly she turned her face back to Alex. “What can I say... I’m not great with kids.” Claire snarked, knowing it would get her punished.
Inside his cell, Wesker has heard the piercing sound of the slap and was also smiling; it was almost too easy. “It was amazing until Claire stoke it from you, correct?”

Jill was looking at something she was turning over in her fingers; the gold lighter Chris had always carried. Their little ritual had always been that he gave it to her each time he went on a mission, with a promise she would return It when he did. Obviously, she had never been able to return it that final time. Was this why she was wanting so badly to make believe that the clone really was him? Finally she sighed and shoved the item back into the pocket of her jeans. Once again, there wasn’t time for her emotional meltdown. They had a job to do.
“Brat, maybe, but at least I’m not lying to her every chance I get.” Ruby remarked, though didn’t elaborate as Jill slid back into the truck.

624Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Alex stomped over to a small computer and typed in a few simple words, a wicked smile twisting her thin lips. "What was that you said?" There was a small video feed not far away that showed Chris, Jill, and a young woman in a truck. No more than a few moments later Chris took his hands off the wheel and grabbed his head, howling in pain. It was all the young woman next to him could do to guide the vehicle off the road safely. 

"There's no point in continuing on that. It won't bring it back." Natalia answered. "But I can't at least help you get out of here. Alex doesn't even seem that mad that I'm talking to you. I mean...I'm doing something productive so...it can't be that bad..." She again touched his face, tracing a scar on his cheek. "Alex said you two were perfect in every way. I thought that would mean nothing like this or..." She paused, touching the almost faded marks on his stomach the original tyrant had left him with.

Chris was managing the trip just fine. He'd let go of his darkness and had turned on a particularly annoying Queen song. He was singing it in a high pitched voice when the sharp pain slammed into his brain with the force of a speeding train. He could do nothing but grab his head and scream in pain. This was an agony like nothing he'd ever felt. It was white hot and horrible.

625Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Stop!” Claire lurched forward, the sound of her brother’s agony gnawing at her. “He didn’t do anything wrong, I did! Hurt me!” She insisted, having grown accustomed to the pain Alex could inflict. It had been nine months now... Leon had well and truly given up on them. Claire has spent months hoping his leaving had simply been something he needed to get out of his system, that he loved her as much as she did him. The harrowing truth Alex had taken pleasure in reminding her with; was that he likely had never loved her.

“Perfection isn’t always what you think.” Wesker replied, actually allowing Natalia to continue touching him. Her fingers were cool, gentle enough that he almost found himself smiling. He remembered those last months, living as Dave the nobody, a pathetic attempt at giving Rebecca what he thought it was she craved. That assumption had cost her life.

Once she had safely stopped the car, Jill was leaning across Chris, thinking something had gotten in the car, that maybe a shot had come through the open window. When she saw no blood, Jill didn’t know what else to do. “Chris, what is it? Where does it hurt?” She pleaded.
Behind them Ruby had shot from the truck, thinking along the same lines as Jill and was looking for signs they were being followed.

626Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm afraid not." Alex purred, again typing something into the computer. Claire's brother was able to push himself out of the truck, the extreme agony clear on his face. He fell onto the pavement, his back arching as he continued to scream in pain. The female Wesker was practically salivating at the misery she was causing both Redfield siblings. 

"Barry thought not being afraid was perfection...He used to tell me if he'd been brave like me, he'd have been able to save Jill and the others." Natalia sighed. "It's not brave when you're programmed this way. What's to be afraid of when you've already seen the worst of everyone?" She got up and stretched, her thin suit showing off her painfully skinny frame. "I'd better go. She'll be looking for me." 

The pain intensified and Chris considered trying to tear into his head to get to his brain. It felt like it was pushing through his eyes and ears and at the same time that someone was driving an ice pick through it. He shoved out of the truck, unaware that Jill was even near him and landed hard on the pavement. He arched his back and screamed even louder, tearing his throat raw. The edge of his mind was pricking at a memory. Trying to tell him that he knew this pain well.

627Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:48 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I’m sorry!” Claire sobbed, unable to tear her gaze from the video of Jill desperately trying to hold Chris down and keep him from hurting himself. “I’ll do better! I promise! I’ll keep her away from him, at any cost. Just please... stop hurting my brother!”

“She’s busy with another toy right now.” Wesker replied when he heard Claire pleading for something to stop. “Barry was a fool. And yes, he was a coward. So easy to manipulate someone when you have something they love.”

Jill was quickly beside Chris, using her unnatural strength to try and pin his arms when he tried to push his own fingers in his eyes. She was lost, unsure of what needed to happen.
Ruby had completed her sweep and was helping Jill hold Chris. Even she didn’t know what was going on. “You need to knock him out!” She insisted. “The noise... it will attract people, or worse.”
Jill glanced across at the young woman, surprise on her face only because it was the same thought Jill herself was having in that moment.

628Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Once again, Alex let the cruel nature take over. She shook her head, typing something else in. This time there was blood sliding out of Chris' ears. "I don't think either of you are learning anything. You are Redfields after all." She chuckled.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Natalia said, changing the subject. "I was worried you were going to let her win. And if you're going to give up on love, you might as well desecrate Rebecca's memory in the way Alex did her body."

Chris fought against Jill, though he still had no idea she was there. Blood began sliding out of his ears and he grit his teeth, trying hard to stop screaming and gain control of himself. It wasn't working.

629Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“We are, and if you know anything at all, you’ll know we never let a vendetta go once someone pushes us to it.” Claire warned. “Jill is a a Redfield now too, what do you think she will do if you kill her husband like this!!”

“What did she do?” Wesker asked, finally standing up and towering over a Natalia.

Ruby wasn’t as afraid of hurting Chris as Jill was. The smaller woman slammed the back of his skull into the road in a bid to give him the release of darkness.

630Doopleganger - Page 21 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She believes him to be the copy of the great Chris Redfield." Alex snorted. "She will never realize the truth." She paused at this and a new even nastier smile slid over her face. "Well, perhaps not until it is far too late to change things." Despite her words, Claire was doing well. She'd managed to side track the elder woman. 

Oddly the young woman remained stoic when Wesker got to his feet. His angry change of tone didn't seem to bother her either. "It is not the woman you knew. What does it matter? You've done things to others. Haven't you?" 

"Hands up!" It seemed that the three of them were not alone after all. An officer had pulled up and was pointing his gun at the women, unable to see more than Ruby bashing the elder man's head into the ground. Still halfway conscious, Chris was moaning rather loudly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum