The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 34]

1Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Scavengers Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

241Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why do you worry so much?" Jared asked her. "Who is it that you worry for? You don't strike me as the type to care what happens to yourself." He said gently, letting go of one of her hands to rest his against the side of her faceplate. "Is there someone you're still fighting, honey?"

"Our keepers did it that way for the males when they did something good. I just thought..." Lolly looked down at the alien hands that held her so tightly against his body. Her frown was deep and confused. "I thought I was doing something nice. Like you did for me. I'm sorry."

242Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres was fighting hard to choke back silent tears when Jared asked her that question. "What's scares you more than anything in the world?" She finally managed to ask.

"Girl, don't say that. Don't ever be sorry for anything, that means you're cowing to the opinion of someone else. Just because I didn't like what you did, doesn't mean you should feel bad." Golias replied, smiling when he realising how contrary he actually sounded.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

243Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:00 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Jared shook his head. Like Golias he had nothing to lose. He had nothing to be afraid of, not even death. That was the reason the two of them had made such a great team during the reaper invasion and even after. Neither of them had anything to lose or gain. "Nothing. I'm afraid of nothing." He admitted.

Lolly shook her head. "You make no sense to me." She whispered, resting her head against him. "You just said...oh nevermind..." 
Mother was waiting she. Golias returned to her home. She shook her head when he stopped at the doorway. "She can't be here. She makes the others nervous. Besides, you and I need to talk."

244Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

That was what caused Ceres to finally pull her hand from Jared's and move out of his reach. "Then you wouldn't understand." She told him quietly.

"If you wish to talk, then she stays." Golias informed Mother sternly. "I could always find someone more capable to help her, if you would, prefer?"

245Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:47 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"If I told you I was afraid of a spider would it make you feel better?" Jared asked, getting off the cot and grabbing Ravier. He calmly tossed him out in the hallway, ignoring the protests. "I'm not very fond of them. Does that help?"

The asari frowned at him, stepping aside to allow them both in. "Are you wanting her to watch? She paid me for more than healing you know." She purred, her fingers sliding along his back as he passed. "Should I heal her first so that she'll enjoy it more? Or make her wait? Pain is pleasure as they say."

246Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:50 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres watched the door slide shut after Ravier, not sure why she suddenly felt nervous to be alone with Jared. "Not really, because I know you're just making it up."

"Yes, you will heal her first." Golias confirmed, not agreeing or disagreeing to the other service Mother was offering. "And you will give her clean clothes and something to eat. With the amount of credits she gave you, it's the least you can do."

247Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:34 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't care for snakes. Is that getting closer?" Jared was really trying. He was afraid he was going to drive her away by saying the wrong thing. He wished he could understand why the thought of letting her go was bothering him so much. "All right. I'll tell you the truth...did you ever run into the Banshees? They were the closest I ever came to being afraid....
Golias was running from me as he always did and it was getting close to dark. Reaper troops were out in droves and I was dodging them. I knew if I didn't get to the big guy he'd slip under the radar. He was good at that. She came out of nowhere and lifted me off the ground. Started whispering things in my head..." His voice drifted off as he remembered the way the dark haired girl had done. He'd have to go back for her after he found Golias. He was willing to beg his people would be very ine rested in what she could do. "Anyway...I got free and ran but she just kept popping up. Golias and I finally killed her but I had nightmares about it for weeks. I guess you could say I was afraid of her. Is that the answer you were looking for?"

Mother did as she was asked, taking Lolly to another room. She left Golias to deal with the children he'd seen from before though they only seemed interested in poking sticks at him. Several hours later, the bedroom doors opened and Lolly came out though she no longer looked like the scroungy, dirty girl he had first met. Her dark hair hung down her back, curled just at the end in teasing little ringlets. The pantsuit she wore made her look much older and more mature. Mother guided her to a stop in front of the Turian and Lolly bowed her head, blushing deaply. "She tried to put a bow in my hair but I think it was too much." She whispered, daring to peek at him through her dark lashes.

248Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:38 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres swallowed a few times, understanding the tone to Jared's voice all too well. "Do you still have the nightmares?" She asked, the velvet soft tone common to many of her people seeming perfect for comforting others. The young woman had moved a little closer, thankful that Jared had trusted her with this tiny glimpse into his past. "Remember how I told you that the flotilla has zero population growth... Do you know what happens if someone breaks the 'one child' rule?"

Golias took a moment to look Lolly over, then very gently tilted her face back up to look at him. "I knew there was a woma in there somewhere." He teased. The sudden thought struck him that Mother had been alone with Lolly for sometime... Had the Asari blurted out that he had been moaning about things his sub conscious wished to do to the small woman?

249Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yes. I'm handling things a lot better than I used to. On nights when I work too hard or too long she creeps back in. And no. I didn't know the flotilla would have a rule like that. Seems like they'd welcome as many children as they could get. Why?" Jared asked, trying to cover everything.

Lolly's silver eyes sparkled as she smiled up at him. "So I have you approval?" She asked, her slender fingers sliding down the front of her pant suit. The gesture was meant to be nervous but it came across as seductive. 
The asari snorted when she saw it. "Perhaps the poor girls should have just taken care of you herself." She muttered, shaking her head. "Come along Turian. I plan to earn the rest of the money she paid me."

250Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"The flotilla has finite resources, they can't support a growing population." Ceres breathed, seating herself on the edge of the bed Jared had been lay upon. "I was my parents second child. They kept it a secret for as long as they could, but eventually I was discovered. My mother was exiled, but my father was a scientist, they needed him. Long story short, I was snatched away from all that I loved, and that's what I fear the most; losing people."

The sweet moment was ruined when the Asari spoke, which prompted Golias to snarl openly. "The only thing I need from you, whore, is the name of a captain willing to leave this system."

251Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"How do they exile in such a small community? Surely you were still able to see her? And does that mean you have a brother or a sister?" Jared asked, stepping around her to retrieve his shirt. He was interested in her. He couldn't help it. 

"That will cost you." The asari said, shaking her head. "That's not what I was paid for and you both know that." She was already turning away, ready to dismiss them.

252Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres was toying with her fingers, a nervous gesture she wasn't even aware she had. "She was permanently sent away from the fleet. And yes... I have a sister." She replied softly, feeling rather exposed confessing her family's sordid past to a man she barely knew.

"You were given credits, and I will either have the name of a captain, or I will have the credits back." Golias told her sternly.

253Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Want to tell me about her?" Jared asked as he pulled on his shirt. "Your sister I mean." He added, turning to her. "How are you feeling by the way? All better I hope?"

"Perhaps you are not familiar with how the bartering system here in the refugee camps." The one called mother snapped. "Every service performed is paid for. You paid for other things not this. Besides, I will not be simply giving up names to ones like you. I don't trust either of you."

254Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I'm fine." Ceres replied rather quickly, turning her face away from Jared in the way a human woman may have done to disguise the tears that were in her eyes. Something that wasn't lost on the young woman was that without an active relay, she would be on this vessel for some time now. "There is nothing more to tell, I don't know my sister any more than she knows me. My birth records were altered in order for my father to avoid punishment and keep his position within the flotilla. I believe your people would call it... Adoption?"

Golias was on the woman in an instant, biotics or not. His long fingers were around her throat as he pinned her to the wall. "Are you really so desperate to have me?" He sneered, his face impossibly close to hers. What difference does it make, whether you fuck me, or give me information?"

255Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So you had different parents?" Jared asked, looking around the room. He was adjusting the bracers on his wrists and frowning at the locked shelves on the walls. "That couldn't have been so bad. Right? Unless they were cruel to you? You don't seem like the type of person that had cruel parents. You're too curious to be overly fearful of things." 

"I...I..." The asari woman's eyes were wide with fear. She was having trouble finding her breath, let alone the words she needed to finish even the first sentence. It was then that the whispers began, telling her to give them a name or die. She was looking at the dark haired girl, seeing her silver eyes glowing. "His name is Darek Vondel. He is a volus. He is leaving port in a few hours with stolen goods..." She gasped out, her hands shaking as she held out the credit chit.

256Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres was watched Jared again now, noting that his mind always seemed like it was thinking things through rather carefully. "You call it being curious... My parents called it being reckless." Ceres sighed. "They didn't like how badly I wanted out of this suit, out of the fleet."

Golias smiled, choking the woman for a second longer before finally releasing her. He knew he had Lolly to thank, but for now they had what they wanted. "Go spread your legs for someone who actually wants something blue." He sneered before turning back to Lolly.

257Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Looks like one of your wishes came true." Jared said, giving her a meaningful look. "But the suit thing...that might be a bit of a problem. I've never even heard of one of your kind getting out of the suit without getting sick or worse."

"Well? What now?" Lolly asked once they were far enough away from the mother's house. She followed Golias in silence as far as she could without speaking. There was so much she longed to say to him. But she knew it was not the time.

258Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:31 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"If I was on Rannoch it wouldn't be so much of a problem." Ceres replied sullenly. "I hate this! I hate what I am, the life forced on me because of it! I hate it all!" She suddenly screamed, kicking over a supply cart in a fit of rage.

"We find Darek Vondel." Golias replied, as though it were that simple. "We give the credits to him, and we get away from this place."

259Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Jared grabbed her, pulling her into his arms. "I'm not sure that's the best way to handle it, darling." He whispered against her hood. "Being angry like this is not going to help anything. Changing it will do wonders. Tell me how I can help you. I will do what I can to try."

"Sounds easy enough." Lolly said cheerfully. Golias sounded so confident. What could possibly go wrong?

260Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Angry is all I have!" Ceres sobbed, though she seemed to stop fighting as Jared's arms circled around her. "You don't understand... This suit... It's like being a prisoner no matter where I go!" There was more to it than this. True, Ceres has always hated her suit more than most Quarians, but never like this. It had only seemed to truly eat away at her since she had met this human.

Golias knew different. He knew things were never easy, especially when a woman was involved. He was holding Lolly's hand as they moved through the camp, trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible. They were just two more refugees, looking for a way through the aftermath.

261Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better about all that." Jared said gently. "But I would simply insult you if I tried." He turned her face to look at him, finding himself wondering what she looked like underneath all of that armor. 

"Are you selling?" A Batarian trader was looking Lolly over as Golias stopped to inspect something. "She's a bit small but she'd make a good whore. I'll give you a thousand credits for her."

262Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres was staring back up at Jared through her visor, trying to imagine what he thought she looked like. In all truth, Ceres wasn't even sure what she looked like, given that mirrors weren't exactly standard or useful on a Quarian ship. She had been wearing the same suit for some time, and as her pilgrimage was never completed... She never gained her adult suit. "I promise you... However you think you are insulting me, I have heard worse."

"Don't fucking insult me." Golias sneered without breaking stride. "I'd expect a thousand credits just for one night with her!" He added, trying not to smile, knowing lolly would want to hurt him for even thinking about selling her.

263Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So what do I say?" Jared asked gently. "I'm not good at this sort of thing you know." He added with a gentle smile.

Lolly bumped him with her hip, shaking her head. "My price is far too high." She muttered. "Even this Turian here can't afford it."

264Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Don't say anything. It isn't up to a human to make this suit rat feel any better." Ceres breathed as she pulled herself free of Jared's arms.

Golias smiled again very slightly. "Yeah, I'm gonna be laying for the rest of my natural life... And then some."

265Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:07 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"At you hungry?" Jared asked her. He was suddenly desperate to change the subject. "The cook is good with all kinds of meals. He knows where to find something good to eat. Come n. Let's go for a walk."

"And yet you will never have any for yourself." Lolly said with a purr. "How is that going to work for you?" She teased, patting his chest.

266Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres nodded and walked to the door ahead of Jared. She half expected to find Ravier with an ear pressed to the door when it slid open.

Golias inwardly groaned, remembering the things Lolly had made him feel in his dream all too vividly. Like Jared, Golias suffered nightmares from the war. But since finding Lolly... There had oddly been none.

267Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sure enough Ravier came tumbling to floor the moment the doors slid open. He gave a surprised grunt, the light on his face mask flickering. Jared gave him a hard kick. "You'd better pray you didn't hear anything." He hissed. "I can make you wish the bullet you currently house was the least of your troubles."

Whether it was what she said or how she said it, it had the Batarian's tongue wagging. "I will offer you fifty thousand credits for her." He said quickly, digging in his pocket. "And a weapon of your choosing."

268Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres' pulse suddenly raced, fearful that Ravier had indeed heard what she had confessed to Jared about her family. It was one thing for a human to know, but it was a whole other matter for a Quarian. It was the kind of information perfect for blackmail. The young woman took a moment to compose herself, then simply stepped over Ravier as though he were road kill.

Golias smirked and shook his head. "You would need to offer me a working a reaper ship for this one." He replied, sliding an arm around Lolly and pulling her tight against him.

269Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:39 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's my girl." Jared said softly, placing a hand on the small of her back as her guided her toward the mess hall. He needed her to trust him and being afraid of another quarian wouldn't help her one bit. "Tell me you're ready for a hot meal made just for your species?" He asked her as they walked. "You're going to love the cooking. It might make you want to stay here forever." 

The Batarian grumbled at this and shook his head, muttering something that sounded like skinny human bitch. Lolly ignored him, too busy enjoying the security she had in Golias' arms. She didn't dare think it was for anything but show. 
It was a good thing he'd pulled her close when he had. A bottle went sailing through the air, landing on the ground where she'd been standing. It exploded in a fire ball. "Pink fleshy human!" A vorcha shouted from above them. "We hate your kind. You die now!"

270Scavengers - Page 9 Empty Re: Scavengers Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:08 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ceres could feel her dermal implants tingling where Jared's hand rested against her back. It was a nice sensation, something she had so rarely experienced. "Without a mass relay, I'm stuck here anyway." She pointed out softly.

Golias glanced upwards, not believing a Vorcha to be any kind of threat to himself or Lolly. "And yet here you are, on the human home world. Not too bright, are you?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next