The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Behind Enemy Lines

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

1Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Behind Enemy Lines Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

”Valentine!” 
There was an audible, somewhat annoyed sigh, before the owner of the name allowed her cobalt eyes to leave the window she was staring out of. “What?” Was her clipped response. 
“I said, some of the guys from floor six are grabbing a beer, thought you might want to come?” Though he knew what her answer would be, it didn’t mean Noah stopped trying. He had spent these last six months watching her rapidly turn from someone who lit up any room she entered, to nothing more than a mindless drone, only there to get the job done. Jill Valentine seemed like she had truly lost a part of herself when her partner, in both senses of the word, dumped her like week old pizza. It was so bad, that no one dared even breathe the name Chris Redfield within earshot of her.
“Oh... no.” Jill breathed, her voice softening slightly. “I’ve got a lot of work to catch up on.”
Noah glanced to her desk, noting her computer wasn’t even turned on. “Alright, but... if you change your mind, you know where to find us. We miss you, Valentine.” He offered her a smile then left her office. 
Jill waited until the door swung shut and simply slumped down in her chair, staring at her darkened reflection in the computer screen. What had she missed? What had gone so wrong that Chris had found it so easy to simply walk away from everything they had? After everything they had been through, she had thought they were bulletproof.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

271Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Really? You’re drinking again?” Claire whispered, having gotten her phone back from Leon. After her dressing down from Rebecca, she needed to feel useful. 

Dying was a release that Wesker would never offer those who betrayed or bested him. He was watching Rebecca pace through the security feed, having also heard her angry words with Claire. He was smiling. It had all been so easy; they were tearing alliances apart, and he had done very little. Together all these people were a force he had seemingly struggles to defeat. But alone... they were ants under his boots. This was all an added bonus on top of already having the most precious thing in the world to Chris Redfield. He looked down at the blue eyed girl in his lap, marvelling at how something so small was going to hurt to many.

272Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Fuck you." Chris grunted. "Is that all you called for? To make me feel bad about that?" 

Rebecca could barely breathe when she saw the shadows coming down the hallway. She recognized the long slender one but the other...she put her fingers around the bars, worried she was wrong about the whole thing.

273Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire could feel the hot years pricking at her lashes as yet someone else she loved lashed out at her. “Seen your daughter lately?” She asked thinly. “Or would that cut into your drinking and screwing around?”

“I don’t like going in this blind.” A familiar voice could be heard remarking in a hushed whisper as the soft sound of steady footsteps grew closer.

274Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't have a daughter. Jill made that really fucking clear! Even named her Valentine. Can you believe that? After everything her old man did...and I'm still worse!" Chris roared. "Probably should have called her Kennedy!"

"Peter?!" Relief and worry hit her at the same moment. It had been so long since she'd seen the man she spoke to on the phone more than she ever had Claire.

275Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire sighed softly and rubbed at the throbbing spot between her eyebrows. “You broke her, Chris. I don’t think you even stopped to realise that. Jill loves you more than anything... and you broke her heart. Leon was the friend she needed to hold her together, so don’t try dragging his name in the dirt over this!” She stopped there and took in a deep breath. “Okay. You don’t have a daughter... I guess it’s someone else’s baby that Wesker has locked up here with us...”

“Becca?” Suddenly the soft footsteps were heavy boots stomping down the ball to the sound of a voice he had missed these last few weeks. 
“Peter!” Jill could be heard hissing his name as she trailed after him.

276Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You guys play hero or whatever...I'm busy." Chris said, closing his eyes as he once again betrayed his sister by hanging up on her.

"Peter..." Rebecca breathed the soliders name again as he came into view. Like the others he'd been so hard to get a hold of when she needed him. "Where have you been?"

277Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire simply stared into the darkness around her as the line went dead. She didn’t care that Chris has given up on the rest of them, she just never thought he would give up on the child he had been wanting since the day he met Jill. She could feel herself wavering, falling apart like she had that dark night in Antarctica. But she couldn’t. Leon and Rebecca needed her, or so she thought. 

“I was going to ask you the same, but I guess you’ve been right here, huh?” Peter replied with all his usual good humour. 
“Rebecca?” Jill was peeing over Peter’s broad shoulder, gobsmacked to find the younger woman here of all places. “What happened to you? How long have you been here?”

278Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris drunkenly stumbled out of the bar, trying to tell himself that no one needed saving. At least not from him.

"Not long. A day or so. " Rebecca shrugged. "Wesker's here but I'm willing to bet you knew that."

279Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“This is how much you regret it?” Mel was sat on the curb outside, clearly waiting for Chris. She didn’t need to turn and see if it was him who stumbled out, much like Jill she just always knew he was there. The blonde was staring down into her lap, a bottle of painkillers she had found sitting in her hand. Her shoulder was throbbing considerably, but pain medication was dull her senses. She was knee with the state Chris was in, they couldn’t afford for both of them to be less than alert. 

Peter nodded his head, no hint of a smile on his lips this time. “He was at the hospital. Incapacitated both his son and Agent Birkin to get the baby they were looking after.” He added, though he cool feel Jill still raw anger behind him. He had wanted to wait, gather more intel and come in with a solid plan. Not Jill. She was clearly coming with it without him.

280Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Wesker has my daughter. We need to go." He grunted, walking toward a car that looked like his.

"What about Lilly?!" Rebecca could barely find her breath. Nevermind about someone else's child, she needed to know that her own was safe.

281Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:22 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Mel hesitated somewhat, though in reality she was weighing up how likely it was she would be able to knock out a man of Chris Redfield’s size. “You don’t seriously think you’re driving, do you?” She asked, on her feet and shoving the pill bottle into the pocket of her pants. Mel still wasn’t wearing her vest, though this time it was only because it pressed against her wound. 

There was a rather weighted pause as Peter glanced over his shoulder slightly at Jill. 
“No one has seen her.” Jill breathed. “She’s not at the hospital, so there’s a chance she’s here...”

282Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm not drunk. I'm just fine, thank you very much." Chris said darkly. "Neither one of you know anything about me." 

"Damn it..." Rebecca whispered, burying her face in her hands. "I never should have told him about her...this is all my fault."

283Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Mel seemed different, almost subdued. She had realised right away that Chris had only done what he had with her because he missed Jill. “I never claimed I did. I barely know you, or are you forgetting that?” She asked thinly. This was wrong, all wrong. How had she fallen for him when her one job had been to resist to her last breath?

“Rebecca, don’t say that. This is what he wants. We will get Lily back, I promise.” Jill breathed. “You’re my family, I don’t...” her voice trailed off as she glanced away; someone was coming. The tall brunette nodded to her partner and they quickly disappeared in the opposite direction.

284Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris hated himself. He'd betrayed Jill on every level. There was no going back from this. She would never so much as speak to him again. He couldn't live with that. 

Rebecca simply sat down darkness swirling in the pit of her stomach. She should have known she couldn't keep her own daughter safe.

285Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Mel simply shook her head when she got no reply from her partner and headed for the car he had pointed out. She slid into the drivers seat and ripped at the wires until the car purred to life. With her blonde hair, Mel really was the mirror image of Jill the first time Wesker revealed her face to Chris in Africa, only her green eyes set her apart. “You getting in, or you sitting in your fucking pity pit all day?” She finally growled out the window, choosing to believe he was the one who had done something to be sorry for, not her. 

Claire had sat down against the wall furthest from the door, her injured leg stretched out in front of her. The bullet was still embedded in her flesh, and the pain wouldn’t ease until it was removed. 
It was as Claire was focused on her pain that the door swung open. There he was, The asshole at the centre of all this; Wesker. He looked each of them over in turn before tossing a first aid kit at Leon. “She is no good to me dead.” He remarked. At first it would seem odd he hadn’t asked Rebecca to patch Claire up, but it quickly became clear why. He reached into the room and hauled Rebecca to her feet, the door slamming shut as he took her away without another word. 
Claire’s eyes were wide and filled with a strange emotion, and it wasn’t fear. “Something is wrong...” She breathed once they were alone. “Didn’t you feel it from the moment we got to her apartment?”

Wesker had taken Rebecca to another part of the facility, something both Jill and Peter had witnessed. Inside this new room were soft furnishings and creature comforts. On the bed... Lay their daughter.

286Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris got in the passenger seat but didn't speak, pulling out a cigarette but not lighting it. He was lost in his thoughts, thinking of the precious little girl he'd held for only a few hours. "You should have seen her." He whispered. "So tiny and bright eyed. She was everything I'd wished for for so very long. I'll never get to hold her again, Mel...It's killing me. You don't understand. Jill...didn't even give her my last name. She hates me that much. My daughter will never even know me..." 

"I don't know what I felt, Claire." Leon confessed. He rubbed his forehead as he took the first aid kit and went to work. "All I know is that the world is going to hell and we're going with it. I don't know how to fix it. Any of it."

287Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Mel stared out ahead of her, trying to will herself to remain detached. It wasn’t working. “You made that choice for her, Red.” She finally breathed. “You walked out, you broke her and never looked back. A guy did that to me? I’d crush his fucking balls.” She added, fixing Chris with a meaningful green gaze. “But you have another choice now. You could get your ass back there and forget you were fighting on opposite sides. Jill never even has to know you found yourself a stupid fucking starry eyed whore.” She glanced away again, ashamed of the emotion she was allowing to control her. 

Claire reached out and grabbed Leon’s hand when she saw him fumbling with the first aid kit. “We got this, boyscout.” She breathed, still trying to be the strong one even as she lay there with a bullet in her leg. “I know what you’re thinking... you can’t wait to cut me out of my jeans, right?” She added with a chuckle, still trying to ease the gravity of their situation. Unfortunately Leon was the one person who would know the different expressions her sapphire eyes held; Claire was afraid.

288Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't preach on something you know nothing about, J..Mel." Chris hissed, Once again ashamed of himself for almost using the wrong name. "Listen, we need to save that baby before Wesker can hurt her and then we have another mission to head to. There's no reason for you to insult me." 

Leon used the moment to yank out the bullet with his fingers, wincing at just how much pain he he put her in. "Peter, you need to get to Rebecca. Jill...you need to get Claire to the hospital before she bleeds out. We're going to run out of time."

289Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Mel’s fingers gripped the steering wheel even tighter when she heard Chris almost call her Jill. Again. It still stung to have had to hear him moaning Jill’s name when he had been practically ripping at Mel’s own clothing the night before. “You can’t have it all ways, Red. You either work for Umbrella, or you work for the BSAA dogs. You can’t have everything.”

Jill snorted and spat several choice words at Leon. “When it’s your baby that monster has, then you get to tell me to leave. Until then, stay out of it.” She warned. “I’m here for my daughter, my family. You take care of your own.” She added nodding in Claire’s direction.

290Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:10 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris didn't answer. She was right. But he couldn't let her know that. At the moment he needed to concentrate on saving his daughter, no matter what the cost.

Leon nodded, offering Jill a gentle smile. He also noted that Parker was already gone. "Be careful." He said softly, lifting Claire into his arms. "We'll see you guys soon."

Rebecca stared at the wall, her hands shaking as she tucked them between her thighs. Wesker had locked her in the tiny room with the threat that he would kill herher daugh if she didn't tell help him with to give Redfield newborn the perfect virus combination. He'd given her a time limit and so far  she was holding out.

291Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:18 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“So what’s the choice? The mission, or the kid that doesn’t even have your name?” Mel asked, though she thought she a,ready knew the answer.

“Of course you will.” Jill agreed, though her smile was strained. “Take good care of her.” She added, flicking her gaze from Leon to Claire for a brief moment.
“Jill, wait.” Claire’s fingers reached out and grasped the elder woman’s hand. “He needs you.” She breathed. “He’s been an asshole lately, but... don’t give up.” She added, choosing to intentionally not use Chris’ name.

“Where is Jill when I need her...” Parker grumbled, fumbling with the lock to the door. He didn’t know for certain if Rebecca was there, but he had seen Wesker leave only a short while ago. It was only when he felt confident the other man was indeed elsewhere for now that he pressed on.

292Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Chris is not as bad as you're thinking. I promise. " Leon whispered. "His feelings have never changed. You'll see." He rested his hands over the other two women. We'll get back you're baby. I bet my life on it." 

When the door swung open, Rebecca leaped on the person inside, holding her combat knife to their neck. It took her a  long moment to realize the rich sandalwood smell was very familiar to her. It was nothing like Wesker. It meant safety and kindness. "Parker..." She breathed, dropping the knife and wrapping her arms tightly around him.

293Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill nodded at Leon, knowing Claire didn’t know the real reason for her brother defecting like he had. “Only bet your life on her.” She told him with a gentle smile as she again nodded at Claire. 

Parker hesitated only a moment then hugged Rebecca tightly. “Hey, professor.” He breathed, teasing her like they had simply met in the BSAA hallways. “Someone told me there was a damsel in need of rescue... have you seen one?” He added with a playful smirk.

294Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:03 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I bet my life on all of my family." Leon said firmly, "even the ones I don't care too much for. Besides, I have to sure he's there to walk her down the aisle. Even if Claore is dragging him." Leon teased.

"No. Sorry." She breathed, once again dangerously close to tears. "It's only me and I'm certainly don't deserve rescue."

295Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Is that... you asking?” Jill asked with her first genuine grin in many months, damn near squealing with excitement at the thought of Leon and Claire finally married. 

This didn’t cause Parker to falter one bit. “I’m sorry, you’re right... I am utterly useless!” He replied with an exaggerated groan, even pretending to sob.

296Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon looked down at Claire, suddenly sharing Jill's grin. "Well...I was waiting for a better circumstances...but...yes."

"You're the worst." Rebecca said with a soft laugh. "He has my daughter...he has Jill''s too. You have to save them. Leave me here."

297Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire was staring up at Leon with wide sapphire eyes and a grin of her own. “Way to pick the romantic moment there, Boy Scout.” She teased.
“Oh come on, you just know he’s been dying to do this for years!” Jill declared.

Parker was shaking his head before Rebecca even finished speaking, knowing exactly what she was going to say. “Why do you think I can’t do all three?” He breathed.

298Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon took his dog tags out from his shirt and showed Claire the ring he'd been holding onto for years. He gave her a sheepish grin. "So is that a yes?" He breathed, terrified she would say no. He had never imagined asking her in a place like this.

Rebecca had never seen Parker as anything but a friend. She'd never had someone like him before. She'd told him things that even Claire or Jill knew about her. "Jill is the more important one." She said finally. "You know how Chris would be if he lost her and his baby too. I'm not important. Just get them out and Wesker will leave my daughter alone."

299Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire was staring at the dog tags, rather than the ring, tracing a finger over them lightly. Seeing them had suddenly struck her with the thought that one day someone may turn up at her door simply holding these simple metal tags. “You and your secrets, Mr Kennedy.” She finally remarked with a wry grin as she looked back up at him. “Of course it’s a yes!”

“Not to sound callus, but why does he deserve so many second chances?” Parker asked, though instantly regretted how cold that made him sound. “If he cared so much, why is he not here himself?”

300Behind Enemy Lines - Page 10 Empty Re: Behind Enemy Lines Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Six months seemed like forever to Chris Redfield. He'd lost everything. He continued to search for his daughter while working for Neo Umbrella. Surprisingly enough he'd stopped drinking. He kept his distance from Mel as much as he could, constantly reminding himself of how he had betrayed his wife. 
On this day he was sitting a dark vehicle watching the busy events happening in the massive church. His sister was getting married and he couldn't even go.

"Are you sure this church is a good idea?" Leon asked Jill as they walked out the front doors to take a breather. "I mean...this seems like an open invitation for trouble." They had never found Kali even though the three of them had continued to search. It wasn't something they talked about either. 

Rebecca had her tongue poked out as she fixed the white drapes to one of the columns. "Parker!" She was trying her best to sit on his shoulders but he was making it impossible by sliding his fingers along her legs. She was regretting wearing shorts as she decorated the church. It was chilly in the stone building and Parker was teasing her for how white her skin was. 
Like Jill, they had been unable to find Lilly. This had nearly broken the tiny woman. If it weren't for Parker she'd have fallen apart completely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum