The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Fame and Glory

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 22]

1For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty For Fame and Glory Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Kusanagi." Dahlia DeAngelo was grinning from ear to ear as she flopped into the seat opposite her partner in crime. This bar was their favourite haunt when trying to relax, and she had known where to find the other woman right away. She let the word hang for a moment and waved for the attention of the bartender and gestured that she wanted a beer. Dahlia leaned back and let her arms hang over the back of her seat, though it was clear she was damn near bursting with excitement.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

481For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He bleeds just fine." Dahlia snorted. "Shot him as he was running out of here like a coward."

482For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Dahlia, are you...okay?" Gabbi pressed, getting to her feet with the notebook still in her hands. "You're not acting like yourself."

483For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"How's that?" Dahlia asked, lifting her dead gaze to meet Gabbi's once more. "I'm only acting how I feel..."

484For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Dahlia...what happened?" Gabbi said firmly, though she couldn't look her friend in the eye. "Please talk to me."

485For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"My problem, not yours." Dahlia whispered, genuinely not wanting her friend to see her as weak. "Nothing will change how much I want that bastard dead."

486For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm sorry I didn't help. I truly didn't know." Gabbi said softly. "I can help now...if you let me." She added.

487For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I can't. You're the one person I can't let in." Dahlia breathed, again staring down at the ornate blade in her fingers. "He wants you like you wouldn't believe... I can't let him. I've hurt you enough already."

488For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You didn't do anything wrong, Dahlia. We were kids, we wanted to be together. Who wouldn't wish for that? And screw Rama. We're not afraid of him." She ended firmly.

489For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Not just that... everything since." Dahlia breathed. "All I do it hurt you. I thought... If I gave him what he wanted, he would leave you alone..."

490For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:27 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What did you give him?" Gabbi asked, afraid she already knew the answer. "Dahlia...you're worth too much to do something like that. What would your dad say?"

491For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:05 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He couldn't say much... Rama has him too, just to make him watch his family fall apart without him." Dahlia breathed. "Not that any of this matters... I failed. Rama sent me away."

492For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's what you're upset about? That he sent you away?"  Gabbi asked with a frown. "Wait...what do you mean he sent you away?"

493For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia scowled at the other woman, her fingers curled around the blade until she felt the warm blood dripping free. "Yes, that's it. Why would I possibly be upset that i failed at keeping his mind off you? Silly Dahlia, thinking she could do the noble thing, right?"

494For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Gabbi frowned, having forgotten that the fallen god wanted her. It wasn't for the same reason he wanted Dahlia however. 
"You sound defensive...am I missing something?" She asked after a moment.

495For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:47 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia couldn't look at Gabbi now, feeling again that she simply wasn't good enough. "I just wanted to keep my family safe, no matter what it cost me. But fine... see my failure however you want." She breathed, returning to gathering whatever she could carry. "Rama's head will be mine."

496For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No...theres more to it than that." Gabbi said softly. "I'm the resident slut. You wouldn't have done it unless...oh my god...you fell for that bastard, didn't you? Dahlia , what the hell?!"

497For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

There was that same look in Dahlia's eyes that had been there when Gabbi had first seen her return after Rama sent her away. "I've not fallen for anyone, I'm not that stupid." she replied rather weakly.

498For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You could never lie to me." Gabbi said softly, shaking her head. "What happened with him? You're still alive so that's good...right?" She added, reaching out for her friend.

499For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia glanced away, once again ashamed of what she had so easily given Rama. "Would you think it weird if I told you I had a dream about him before all this started?" She breathed, picking at the skin around her nails as she often did when anxious.

500For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No. You know how I am about dreams." Gabbi said softly. "But what kind of dream are we talking about?" She asked, trying to lead her friend out of the room.

501For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia knew what her friend was doing, but allowed herself to be pulled along anyway, even as she described her dream in detail, along with the scents and feelings that made it seem more like a memory than a dream.

Nefertari was not a shy woman, despite her young years, but she paced the marble floor of her room that morning, wringing her fingers together as she went. Each gesture caused the golden bangles on her slender wrists to jingle slightly just as each time she turned the ornate beading on her delicate gown swayed a little. It was the day of her wedding, to a man she had yet to even meet. Already the headstrong young noble was sick of people telling her what a fortunate set of circumstance it was that the great King Rameses II had accepted her father’s offer of a union between their two houses. Time and time again she had been warned not to upset the Pharaoh in any way and to be the ever docile and obedient queen, the only thing their Pharaoh needed in a time of peace. Nefertari heard the knock at the door, signalling that her handmaidens were here to take her to her fate.
It seemed all of Egypt had come to Thebes to celebrate the marriage of their Pharaoh to his young bride, a beauty of the Nile, by all accounts. Her father was a leader of one of the Upper kingdoms Nome districts, a rather wealthy one with a strong army that had won the previous Pharaohs many victories over the years. The soon to be Queen had a twin brother, a well built man with an impressive military record. Unfortunately he would not be at the wedding, as another nation had recently taken him as a prisoner, something their father hoped to remedy by this marriage. He believed his daughter could eventually persuade the Pharaoh to send a unit of men to free his other child. He did not count on the boy falling in love with one of their female Shaman. She was a golden haired beauty of a woman, nothing like the women he had seen in Egypt, no one could blame the boy for forsaking his own people for one more moment with her.
Nefertari would finally meet her husband as they both stood before the priest. For a moment she could barely breathe, be it the heat of the desert sun, or the realisation that her future husband was indeed as handsome as the stories suggested. By Egyptian standards she herself was rather strange, pale skin and light green eyes that suggested her mother was not who the records claimed. The young woman offered her Pharaoh a timid smile, not to know that he would be just as taken with her as she was him. A entire day of celebration continued well into the next, even for the slaves of Egypt. Their Pharaoh seemed happy, and his Queen could only make him more so. Though she seemed young and inexperienced, she was well read and though rare at the time for a woman, she could both read and write as well as speak several languages which would eventually make her a rather cunning diplomat to aid her husband.

502For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

For what seemed like hours Gabbi simply listened to the story, her face expressionless. It took her a long time to even nod when her friend was finished. 
"There's more right? The dream didn't end there...right?" She finally managed to breathe.

503For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That one did." Dahlia replied, glad her friend hadn't simply laughed at her. "It was so strange... I can still feel the heat on my skin and smell the night jasmine in the air." She breathed, though there was indeed more.

The kingdom lived in peace for some years with Nefertari at their Pharaoh’s side. Unlike those before him, he didn’t take several wives, it seemed no one could hold his attention like his one and only did. Nefertari’s name became known almost as well as that of her powerful husband. She was known to outsmart most of the visiting dignitaries who made the presumption that she was no more than a pretty face to give her husband an heir. Things continued this way, outside the palace walls at least. Inside the royal home, Rameses was growing restless. More and more he thought of his own mortality, but more so of what should happen to his Queen were she to one day find herself with child, and potentially die in child birth as so many women often did. He began to spend vast amounts of time in the library, pouring over papyrus scrolls and worn tablets, searching for something he wouldn’t speak of. Neferari was no fool, it would take her little time to eventually uncover just what it was her husband was seeking; immortality. All Phaoraoh’s believed they were to one day ascend as gods, ruling the afterlife with all their worldly possessions around them, Rameses simply sought to expedite such an ascension. Why should he wait until he was dead to gain such power? Why could he not rule his kingdom forever, with his queen eternally by his side? Such single minded seeking left him blind to what was happening at the borders of his kingdom. Nefertari’s brother was no longer a prisoner. In fact, he was now wed to the Shaman he had fallen in love with and was currently invading the county he did not know his twin was co-ruler of. War would steal Neferari from her lover just as he finally found the secret to eternal life, and before he could bestow the same gift upon her. The queen was dead at her brother’s hand, leaving her king to mourn for the rest of eternity, until her soul found it’s way back to him.

504For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Wow. That's depressing." Gabbi said, almost wanting to weep at the tale. "He deserved it, you know. To lose her.
"He was probably paranoid and crazy. If the story is true I bet we'll discover he is just as dead as she is. Wonder what happened to the brother." She went on, now handing Dahlia a cup of tea.

505For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:07 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He was scared." Dahlia breathed, recollecting the dreams leaving her somewhat shaken. "So terrified of losing her, that he couldn't stop what happening. The Pharaoh's army could have crushed the invaders, had he not been lost in his search." She paused, staring down into the cup her fingers were wrapped around. "All I know from my dream was that he was beaten back, after all... Rameses did build the most lavish tomb any Egyptian queen before, or since, had ever received. If he had been defeated, he would not have had the means to do so. Maybe... Her brother died too? But his wife, I never even saw her in any of my dreams. All I knew was that everyone spoke of her beauty and her wisdom."

506For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"We need to find that tomb." The certainty if her statement hit Gabbi full force. "We need to get inside it. It will be the way to bring Rama to his knees."

507For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia seemed uncertain. "He is still trying to break Dad... He even told him that Lily traded Erik him all those years ago." She breathed. "But you're right... If we find a way into that tomb..." She let her voice trail off, worried about what would happen if the tomb was empty.

508For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Rama wasn't lying. Erik knows. He knows your mother traded him for a deal with that guy. He didn't tell me what the deal was..." Gabbi said turning away to get more tea. "But we'll deal with that and your dad when we have the tools to hurt that bastard. He has Erik. I'm going to get him back or die trying." She promised.

509For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia nodded in agreement. "Most people would call me crazy after listening to those dreams... I'm glad you're not most people." She confessed, for once not trying to hide her feelings behind dark humour.

510For Fame and Glory - Page 17 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Gabbi threw her arms around Dahlia before the other woman could stop her. "I'm your sister. Of course I'm not most people." She laughed into Dahlia hair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum