The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doopleganger

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 37]

1Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Doopleganger Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Rebecca Chambers stared at the clone and shook her head. It was a much better copy than the one they'd worked on of Wesker during the Africa debacle. She sighed deeply and shook her head. 
"This isn't going to work. I don't care how good he looks." She muttered, well aware of the tall man standing in the background. "This is Jill we're talking about. Chris pulled her out of her own virus. There's no way she won't sense something." She groaned again and ran her fingers through her hair, only now remembering she hadn't bothered to have it cut in a long while. "Goddamn it. I could understand him dying in a biochemical outbreak but cancer? Who covers that shit up?!" The headache was there behind her eyes. She needed coffee and sleep. At least coffee. "He's not going to fool anyone. He's too cheerful. Chris was a real son of a bitch there at the end. And what about Claire? She'll smell a rat...oh god....What the hell was I thinking agreeing to this?"

1021Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker was passing through the dining room, a paper report in his hand that he read as he walked. It was a very sparse update on Chris and his ‘daughter’. Apparently the brat Wesker had deemed a failure was a little too good at getting what she wanted. He was about to keep on walking when the smell of something assaulted him. It was.... food. When had he last eaten? Had Natalia ordered take out? He glanced up and saw the young woman sleeping at the table. Something stirred in him, something he wished didn’t. Gently he sat the report down and sat beside her, his eyes sliding over her dark hair and trying to remember if she usually wore it loose this way.

Ruby actually smiled, slender fingers gripping his foot. “Like every one else, you assume I want to be!” She snarled, shoving roughly where she held his boot and causing him to at least stumble back. It was something someone of her build, and in such a compromised position shouldn’t have been able to do.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

1022Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia had dressed for dinner in a flowing yellow dress that matched her complexion. She had wanted so badly to see him that night, hoping he would smile at her.
She waited as long as she could. Near midnight she'd planned to clean and go to bed but instead rested her head on the table for a moment. It was all it had taken. She'd cooked Kung Pao. Tomorrow she would try something else. She was not giving up. She was tired of being weak.

Carlos regained his footing, sneering at Ruby hatefully. "You're just like him. No matter how much you try to fool every one else, I can see it. You'll go back to him when you get bored pretending to be the good guy." He again stepped forward and stood over her. "You are no Redfield. Quit pretending, Nina."

1023Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker found himself reaching out, gently smithing back some of the hair that covered her face. He glanced to the food on the table and felt a strange pang in his chest he had never known before. Was this regret? Guilt? Both? Carefully he gathered Natalia up into his arms, certain not to wake her, and carried her from the dining room. There was a locked room that she had never permitted entry to. Until now it has merely housed files, but just for her... it was a beautiful and decadent bedroom, just like the ones from the books he knew she loved.

Ruby have no warning before her own slender legs flicked out, sweeping Carlos off his this time. She didn’t even give him chance to take a breath before she was sat on his upper chest, her knees pinning his arms to the ground. “Funny, because I smell bad guy. All. Over. You.” She sneered. “Where were you? I trusted you with her!”

1024Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia sighed softly when she recognized his scent. He was already in her dream and she was content with that. She missed her lover more than she wanted to admit. She would wait until he decided he needed her too.

Carlos patted her thighs and purred, his dark eyes glittering. "I did the right thing. Not that you'd understand what that means." He hissed. "You actually sound jealous. Want me to take you to see your daddy? The real one?"

1025Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker very carefully laid Natalia in the bed, not daring to disturb her further by undressing her, he had to earn back that privilege. Once she was tucked in he simply sat beside the bed, yellow eyes watching her youthful face. His intel told him Alex was dead, but until he saw it for himself, he couldn’t trust she wouldn’t come for Natalia again.

A slender fist shot out, hitting Carlos with enough force to draw blood from his lip. “You’re awful fixated on who I should call Daddy, or is that Your little fantasy of what you me to call you? You can’t have Jill, so I’m the next best thing, right?” She sneered in reply, not yet letting him up.

1026Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia rolled onto her side and sighed deeply. The bed was soft compared to the couch she'd been spent three months on. 
Alex was indeed dead to her body but like before she wasn't letting go. She had worked too hard to find a creature as special as Natalia. She refused to simply walk away from her. 

Carlos purred, his dark eyes half lidded. He patted her thighs again. "I'm not afraid of you. You can't bully me. I've been through all kinds of hell. But hey...if you want to have fun..." He licked his lips. "I've been sent to send you on a new assignment."

1027Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:15 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

For the duration of the night Wesker continued with catching up on reports that had been sent to him. That didn’t mean he left Natalia’s side however, and before dawn he had finally surrendered and was slumped forward with his head resting on the soft sheets beside her.

“You can cram your assignment, I don’t take orders from anyone but Chris.” Ruby hissed, though now she leaned forward with her hands either side of. Carlos’ head, long hair hanging down one shoulder as she watched him. “You can’t hide her forever. I’m going to find her. I’m going to give them the happy little family they crave.” She warned, all too aware that she wasn’t a part of that dream.

1028Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia woke with a start, that terrible feeling of not knowing where she was, washing over her. It had been so long since she last had that experience. 
The sudden loud snore made the situation that much worse. She grabbed her pillow and slammed it down on the monster. The silence had really changed her understanding  of sounds. Then just to be safe she hit the thing a few more times.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Carlos growled in return. "But the assignment is not a choice. Unless you want Redfield to die. I was ordered to kill him if you didn't agree."

1029Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:31 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker shot up, arms almost comically flailing as he tried to wake his brain from the slumber it had been in. He was ready to attack, his fist poised before he saw the frightened, rust coloured eyes staring up at him. “Natalia...”

Ruby gave an indignant snort of laughter and shook her head. “You honestly think I would let you get close enough for that, old man?”

1030Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The fear lasted for no more than a flash. It was quickly replaced with a gentle smile. She reached up and rested her hand on his cheek. "I've missed you so much." She breathed. She couldn't help her shiver of excitement. Her punishment was over. Her lover had decided to come back to her.

"You didn't even know I was here.  How do you know I didn't already set something in motion?" He was grinning wickedly. "I was trained by the same guy, little girl."

1031Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I... haven’t been anywhere.” Wesker breathed, though didn’t move, treating her like a wild animal; a sudden move and she may bolt. “I’m sorry I missed the dinner you made...”

“All the training in the world doesn’t hide the fact you are only human.” Ruby shot back, sliding away from Carlos now, taking a few steps back. If he was indeed trained, he would recognise the way her lean muscles were now tensed, ready to defend if need be.

1032Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It's okay. I can make more. I took a class to learn how." Natalia gave him an impish grin. "I only failed it twice and made a burned dish forty times." It was then that she saw the ribbon on his hand and she sighed with relief. "You kept it. I was worried you threw it away." She breathed, gingerly reaching out to touch his wrist.

"Is that a threat?" Carlos asked her, giving her a sideways grin. "I've always liked the women with balls." He kept a hand on his gun as he watched her. "Listen, I'm not being dramatic about this but we're using this assignment to find Jill. I got intel that Wesker doesn't know about. If I don't move fast on this she'll be gone. We can't afford to play dolls. Do you hear me?"

1033Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker glanced down, feeling somewhat foolish that he had been so sentimental. “You loved it almost as much as that damn bear...” he breathed, a smile tugging at his lips very slightly.

Ruby’s Ice coloured eyes grew wide and instantly she nodded. “I’ll take the assignment, so long as you leave Chris out of it.” She replied, eager to put her own life on the line no questions asked, but never his.

1034Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia felt her heart break. It was made worse by the thought that she'd even tried to leave him. Gingerly she reached out and touched his face. "All I really needed was you." That said she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. 

Carlos raised an eyebrow. "You don't want Daddy to know you're going on a dangerous mission to save his beloved?" He asked, trying to hide his bitter tone.

1035Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“That’s because you’re young and don’t know any better...” Wesker breathed, his fingers surprisingly gentle as they stroked her hair.

“I don’t want him to worry about me.” Ruby corrected with a scowl before she finally turned her back on Carlos to move across the training floor and pick up the water bottle she had brought in with her. “Giving him the family he deserves is all I’ve ever wanted.” She added, unable to look back at Carlos as she said this; though she hid it well, Ruby was deeply ashamed of who she really was.

1036Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

A few days later Natalia was cleaning the floors in the main hall, a new ribbon in her hair. She was lost in thought as she scrubbed. She didn't see what was happening outside. A hunter had gotten out of the lab and slaughtered her animals and was now heading for the main house. It was now standing outside the French doors, seconds away from tasting it's next meal.

"You're full of shit." Carlos snorted. "You're trying to prove something." He crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned on the wall. "Your mom would understand."

1037Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker had returned to his work, though had made a conscious effort to spare several hours a day to spend time with Natalia. Unfortunately... this was not one of those hours.

“So what if I am?” Ruby asked quietly, shoving her towel into her gym bag and tossing the water bottle on top of it. “It still benefits them. I’m no hero... but I’m not the villain, either.”

1038Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The hunter was watching the tiny woman as she crouched on the floor, drool pooling on the ground at it's feet. Finally it shoved into the French doors, shattering the glass. It landed on top of her before she could react.
Natalia screamed in pain as the claws tore into her side. She grabbed her bucket and threw it at the side of the hunters face, blinding it with chemicals. 
When Wesker came to spend time with his lover he would find a dead hunter and several puddles of blood on the ornate floor.

Carlos snorted at this. "You're a villain. You were raised to be. You can tell yourself anything you'd like."

1039Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker could smell the chemicals as he descended the staircase. At first he thought Natalia had simply need cleaning. Again. But then something else hit his nose. Something the chemicals were hiding; blood. He tore down the rest of the steps, shouting his lovers name as he went.

“You were Umbrella’s whipping boy right from the get go, it’s no secret why she could never love you.” Ruby replied, jerking closed the zip on her bag before hoisting it over her shoulder. “I’ll meet you out front in an hour. We can get this done, and I never have to see your face again.”

1040Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:38 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

There was a long line of blood that led out the back door and to the carnage that remained of the animals that lived there. Unsurprisingly, his lover was nowhere to be found.
Pieces of her yellow ribbon clung to nearby branches, the sudden wind hailing a coming storm. Finally he would find Natalia, standing in the furthest field, covered in blood. He skin hung in ribbons down her back, barely hidden by her hair which waved wildly around her shivering form. However, she was not alone in the field. A pack of hunters was closing in on her and she had no time to outrun them.

"Sorry, Nina. You're going to have to stink." Carlos caught Ruby by the upper arm and hauled her with him to the emergency exit. "I don't trust you." 
"Carlos!" In the back parking lot a soft voice called for him. The two of them were met by a very familiar face. 
Rebecca Chambers stepped forward and embraced Ruby tightly. "I can't believe you really are here!" She cried. Behind her was the tall, silent figure of Billy Cohen. "There were rumors and all but...just wow..." She laughed softly. "Chris is so proud isn't he?"

1041Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:06 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker saw the situation clear as day. It also brought back a sudden and unwelcome memory of that first night at the Spencer estate. Running from those damn dogs. It wasn’t supposed to have happened that way, but it worked out in the end. He shook the thought aside and was moving across the field, intercepting the attacker before it reached Natalia. He was in front of her with barely a second to spare, able to do no more than lift his arm to shield her from further attack. The pain was sudden and intense, but not unbearable.

Ruby allowed Rebecca to hug her, though wasn’t returning the embrace. She was staring past Rebecca’s shoulder, confused by what was happening. Chris was going to be so upset, and the last she had heard; Rebecca Chambers was dead. “I can’t...” She suddenly forced her way free. “I have to let him know I’m gone!” She insisted, turning to make an attempt to return to the BSAA building. “I can’t leave him all alone!”

1042Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:27 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Wesker!" A sevelt red head in a lab coat ran across the yard toward them as the Hunter's attacked, gun in hand. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry! Kevin didn't tell anyone this group got out!" The creatures sat down for her as she passed them. She ignored Natalia completely and grabbed Wesker's wrist. "That's going to take a while to heal even for you..." The woman he would know as Amy took off her coat and wrapped his arms, leading him away.

"You really think he can't survive without you?" Carlos asked, glancing toward Rebecca for help. "He's been doing a damn good job while you've been out searching the world for whatever the hell it is you do."
"Ruby...we don't have time to look for Chris. My son is in danger and...I am more than positive you are the only one who can save him."

1043Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker practically growled at the red head and shoved her away from him as she ignored Natalia. He was stalking back to the younger woman, his uninjured arm reaching out for her. “She’s in shock... stupid girl, what were you thinking?”

“Whatever it is I do?” Ruby asked thinly, her tone making it quite clear Carlos was walking a fine line. “I was looking for Jill, which is what you told me this assignment was!” She added, glancing back at Rebecca. “You never mentioned a son... not once!”

1044Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm sorry." Natalia whispered, her fingers touching Wesker's. "I wasn't paying attention. I..." She stopped speaking, glancing at the red headed woman who placed herself at the tall man's elbow. 

Carlos glared at Rebecca and then at Billy. "I told you we were going to look for Jill on the way to another assignment. It's not my fault you weren't listening." He snapped. "You're just yet like Redfield."

1045Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:17 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You never do...” Wesker chastised, his good arm pulling Natalia close. “Why are you out here? Why didn’t you call for me?” He was clearly oblivious to the red head beside him.

“First I’m just like Jill, then I’m a villain like Wesker... now I’m Redfield? Make up your damn mind, you useless piece of shit!” Ruby snarled, shoving Herb hands roughly against his chest, clearly her patience with Carlos had just worn out. The constant comparisons to those around her had finally gotten to her. As much as she loved Chris, she simply wanted to be known for being her own person.

1046Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Natalia didn't answer. She didn't know how to tell him that she no longer trusted him. "I'm ok." She said after a long moment, her fingers moving from his to the tangled remains of her braid. "Go back to work...I...I have to get the floor clean." She turned away from her lover, her mind on the bear she'd lost so long ago. "Blue suit...red fur..." She'd begun to lose the memory and Lottie was all she had. Wesker clearly had no problem replacing her. 
Behind the crimson eyed man, the red headed woman was grinning widely. She knew how to break the girl. She'd been doing it all her life.

Carlos grabbed Ruby's wrists in one hand and patted her head with the other. "There you go." He breathed. "Learn to be yourself. Don't let anyone else have power over you. Not even Chris." He breathed in her ear. 
There was something about Ruby that he adored. Something about her called to him in a more powerful way than Jill ever could. Something about it scared him. 
"You going to help the lady?" He asked her, shoving her back in Rebecca's direction. 
"It's okay if you don't." Rebecca breathed, tears already filling her eyes as she glanced toward Billy. "I mean...I didn't really try to help you..."

1047Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:54 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker watched Natalia walk away, confused by the aura of mistrust suddenly radiating from her. What had changed? He felt he had tried to give her what she wanted. Was she blaming him for the hunter attack? Did she think he had done it on purpose? Those were his thoughts then, it never entered his head that she was jealous of someone he barely even glanced at.

Ruby was looking back over her shoulder at Carlos with a curious expression. He sounded different than in their usual exchanges, almost like he cared what she thought of herself. Ruby shook the feeling away; he was just like Leon, like everyone... they only ever needed to use her to get closer to Jill. Everybody loved Jill. The young woman gave a bitter snort, unable to understand why her mother was the centre of so many worlds.
Attempting to push aside her feelings of inadequacy, Ruby finally addressed Rebecca. “You let me think you were dead.” She finally breathed. “When you were living your dream life without me!” Ruby was so upset because she knew once she found Jill, Chris too would have little time for her while he focused on his real family, just as Rebecca has apparently been doing.

1048Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

A few days later Natalia was shopping, inspecting a row of dresses. The sales clerks were all but fighting over her, trying to turn her into a trendy woman. She supposed she shouldn't have shown them Wesker's credit card. But she wanted the dress she'd lost months ago. 
She was unaware she was being watched as she pulled a dress up to her chest in the dressing room and smiled.
"Poor waif." Amy snorted over Wesker's shoulder as she again caught him watching the young woman. "When are you going to let her go?"

"Actually, the clone did all that. I never met you...she told me all about you." Rebecca whispered. "I met Billy and he changed my life. After the mansion I went to find him and we..." She paused, again glancing at her husband. "He convinced me to stay with him. But I kept up with my friends. I helped them when I could. Even after Noah was born I tried. But avoiding Wesker was harder than I thought it would be. Especially hiding my family. I'm so sorry I didn't save you." She added sadly. 
"Last we heard Noah Coen met up with an unknown person after going on assignment. Then he disappeared." Carlos explained. "Rebecca was hoping you could follow his trail and bring him home to her."

1049Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“When she asks me to.” Wesker replied, being surprisingly candid. It was the simple truth. He didn’t want to let Natalia go, but did he truly love her? She was so young, he knew they didn’t want the same thing out of... whatever this relationship was. He imagined the better question was did he know how to love? His desire for the Chambers girl had turned to dangerous infatuation, although even that had allowed him to perfect the cloning methods. “Why do you even care?” He finally breathed.

The look of betrayal was right there in Ruby’s face, too deep for her to even attempt to hide. Rebecca had been her only friend, the one person who had treated her like something more than Wesker’s monster. But now... it seems even that was a lie. The young woman turned a heartbroken gaze back on Carlos. “You knew?” She breathed, her voice hitching slightly under the strain of her emotions. The heartbroken look was all due to a simple truth; Ruby only mattered to someone when they needed something from her.

1050Doopleganger - Page 35 Empty Re: Doopleganger Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Amy noted that Wesker was not looking away from the screen by the time she realized what Natalia was writing on the mirror of her dressing room it was too late to distract him. The little brat knew he was watching and she was chewing on her lower lip as she gazed ahead of her. She wore nothing more than her underclothing and a timid smile. Behind her there was a wedding dress hanging on a hook. 
She'd written the words marry me on the glass. 
Behind the man, the crimson headed woman was losing her cool. She'd grabbed a scalpel and was seriously considering jamming it into the back of his head. 

Carlos shook his head. "I didn't find out until the Wesker torture fiasco." He sighed. "She has been monitoring his cameras. She can see everything he's up to. She talked to me on night when he locked me in with a Hunter..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum