The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rookie Life

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

1Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Rookie Life Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

“God Chris, of course I’ll be alright. No... I know it’s all new... I can handle it, seriously! Don’t make me come all the way out there and kick your ass. Yeah, yeah... love you too old man.” Claire hung up the phone, still grinning to herself. “So over protective.” She chuckled, standing in front of the mirror in the tiny apartment she had rented, looking at her reflection of her first time wearing the R.P.D uniform. “I got this.” She told herself, exhaling the breath she had unknowingly been holding. It wasn’t her first day on the force that had her nervous... it was what her big brother, STARS hero, self proclaimed ladies man Chris Redfield was going to do once she set foot in the precinct. Maybe he wouldn’t notice... maybe STARS never even paid attention to lowly grunts with big ideas. Claire had kept her secret for this long throughout all her training, what was a few more weeks?

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

121Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire had returned to her brothers apartment and cursed when she saw the note. At least he was keeping busy, she surmised. This freed her up to head to the station herself. If the military were there, she worried that tensions would be running high.

Jill had gotten back to the station not long after her call from Chris. She hadn’t answered Barry’s call, assuming any further calls were Chris trying to apologise. The young woman had no idea their relationship was truly done for.

122Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca decided to stay away from the Captain. She no longer wanted a reason to be alone in the offices, even if she still wanted to find out what was going on. She decided instead to dig through incident files. She wanted to see if anything matched what she'd seen from Wesker's desk. 

Chris was leaning against the counter in the front room, talking to the secretary that worked there. He was flirting shamelessly with her which was nothing new.

123Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Rebecca would have her peace and quiet for a little while before the heavy door would swing open, the sound of thin, women’s heels clicking on the tile floor on the other side of the shelf Rebecca was searching.

Nothing new, but it certainly hurt. Jill had just left the briefing room and was on her way to the other side of the precinct to grab some files before returning to the STARS office. That was of course until she heard the giggle and saw the dim witted secretary playing with Chris’ hair. She let the door swing shut loudly behind her, signalling her arrival before she carried on walking.

124Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca stayed quiet. She didn't dare to even slide out the next part of the file she was attempting to take. In fact, she was trying not to breathe.

Chris did his best to ignore her. He knew from the angry slam just who it was. He'd made his bed. Now he was going to lie in it.

125Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:30 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The silence drew on for a few moments more before bright green eyes came into view on the other side of the shelf. “Keep playing that game, and you’re going to pass out.” A sultry voice teased. “You don’t have to pretend you’re not there... I don’t bite... hate.” She added with a giggle.

Jill paused as she passed them by, slapping his lucky penny down on the reception desk. Chris had given her that silly little token on their first date, telling her he didn’t need good luck any more... he had her. Once the penny left her grasp, she carried on walking.
The receptionist glanced at the penny in confusion, then at Jill’s retreating back before looking up at Chris. “She owed you a penny?”

126Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca frowned at the woman, not recognizing the voice. She let out a loud gasp and laughed awkwardly. "I always hate having to explain myself." She said softly. "Especially in this place. You know how it is." She added, hoping it was just another officer.

Chris shrugged as he shoved the penny into his pocket. "Penny saved and all that." He muttered, feeling like his heart had been ripped out. "See you around, Libby."

127Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I’m afraid not.” The woman replied. “But whoever created this filing system... I feel like someone hurt them in a past laugh.” She remarked, the crinkle of her eyes betraying the fact she was smiling.

“Leaving already?” Libby pouted, curling a piece of her blonde hair around a slender finger. “What about that fun you promised me?” She added with a grin.
The moment she had put several doors between them, Jill kicked at a nearby trash can and screamed. He had certainly wasted little time. She could feel got tears pricking at her lashes, and for once, Jill did little to stop them.

128Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No kidding!" Rebecca laughed. "Id give my left arm for an alphabet right now! Is it so hard to put an a after a b? Names are just thrown in here like the Bermuda triangle."

Jill would regret the show of weakness. She would find herself pulled into the darkness of an unused office. A rough hand would be pressed to her mouth while the other held her to the desk. For the next few hours she would get her first glimpse of the true darkness in Albert Wesker.

129Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

There was the click of heels on tile again, signalling that the mystery woman was moving. “Even the Bermuda Triangle had more order than this.” She mused, finally stepping around the shelves. Rebecca would be greeted by an extremely beautiful woman. She had long, deep red flowing hair that hung in gentle waves down her back. The green eyes Rebecca had already had a glimpse of turned up slightly at the corner, giving an almost feline like appearance, and were accentuated with long lashes and dark grey Smokey shadow. Her smooth alabaster skin was a stark contrast to the dark red matte of her full lips. A perfectly manicured hand was soon offered to Rebecca, several silver rings decorating it. “Juliana Chase.”
She told the small woman, giving her a gentle smile.

Jill had fought back as best she could, at first, but soon found her wrists handcuffed to the desk, leaving her almost defenceless. Wesker took his time with her, mocking her all the while about how he knew that fucking her would be even better than fighting her. It was only once he had violated her many times and different ways that he truly struck a blow to her. “Breathe a word of this... to anyone... and BOTH Redfield’s will pay with their lives. I will do to little Claire what I just did to you, while dearest Chris watches. Only then will I kill each of them.”

130Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Hi." Rebecca said, not about to give out her name. This woman did not belong to the RPD. She didn't take her hand either. "How did you get in here?" She asked, sure she'd locked the door behind her.

Barry filled Chris in on the soldiers and the two of them decided to go and check out the competition. They were too far away to hear anything that may have come from Jill. 
Chris was glaring at a man who was taller than him, trying to get him to move from his post outside the evidence room door.
Barry was not helping by throwing peanuts at them.

131Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:52 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Juliana smiled again, though there was nothing nice about it this time. Rebecca didn’t wish to make an enemy of this woman. Her green haze flicked to the patch on Rebecca’s sleeve, which cause her to five and indignant snort. “STARS... incompetent fools. You’re the reason I’ve been dragged to this back water waste of a town.” She remarked. “I am a Dr of forensics and criminal profiling. Your mayor decided your people were not solving all those mitigated murder cases quick enough, and election year IS looming.” She turned her back in Rebecca now, heading for the door again.

Steel coloured eyes glared down at Chris, though their owner didn’t move. “Back off, aren’t there some donuts somewhere you should be eating?” He sneered.
Chris wouldn’t get his chance to reply, as the evidence room door opened, and Juliana floated out, patting the shoulder of the man guarding the door to signal her thanks for his assistance.

132Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:01 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca was steps behind the woman, a file tucked under her arm. She turned to her left and slammed into the soldier. He was a massive wall and she wasn't expecting it. She fell to the floor, the file skidding toward Barry. She would miss the sight of him sliding it under his foot.

Chris felt like he'd been hypnotized. He found himself staring at the red head. He followed her down the hall, suddenly feeling the need to introduce himself.

133Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:07 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The soldier looked down, wondering who could possibly have been in a room has was sure had been empty, save for Juliana. When he saw it was a tiny woman with elfin features and big blues eyes, his surly demeanour instantly melted. “Miss, are you okay?” He asked, lifting her back up to her feet without waiting for her agreement.

Juliana was in the break room, leaning down in front of the coffee machine as she added more sweetener into her latte. She was humming softly to herself as she did so, thinking she was alone.

134Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:16 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca frowned at the soldier, Wesker's words burning inside her. She was weak and everyone knew it. Shame spread through her as a reminder. "I'm fine. It was my fault." She muttered, quick to pull away. "Geez, the mayor really does think we're screw ups if you're here." She snorted.

"Chris Redfield." He said it loudly and with no context as he reached for a cup. He wasn't even paying attention and ended up dumping the entire thing onto the floor.

135Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:20 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I’m flattered you think so.” Steel grey eyes were smiling as their owner said this. “Also, I never said it wasn’t your fault.” He teased gruffly.

Juliana took a step back to save her prep toe shoes from the sudden pool
Of coffee. She took a moment to look the man before her over, then smiled. “Of course you are... the STARS golden boy, with a delicious reputation.” She purred.

136Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:30 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca wrinkled her nose, almost giving in to a smile. "You're out of your league, soldier boy." She muttered, not sure why she was saying this. She knew she was beginning to blush and she was already backing away.

Chris' smile faded fast. "Oh. You've heard of me." It was quickly replaced with the devil may care grin no woman could resist. "Good."

137Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:36 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Maybe I am, never stopped me before.” The soldier replied. “Don’t I ever get a name before you abandon me?”

Juliana was no different. She smiled up at him, slender fingers idly toying with the amethyst pendant that just a little lower than her collar bone. “I hear you enjoy pushing boundaries.”

138Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:41 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Rebecca Chambers." She said. "That's officer Chambers to you." She added, trying to sound official. 

"You have no idea." Chris purred. 
"Chris, for fucksake!" Brian irons waddled around the corner, clearly not seeing anything but the mess on the floor and the other man. "Are you a complete moron? Coffee goes in cup. Clean this up."

139Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The tall man couldn’t help the grin that took hold of him. “Look at you, asserting your dominance.” He replied, reaching out and ruffling her hair.

Juliana turned slowly to face the rotund man yelling at Chris. “Accidents happen, Chief, I was distracted by your delightful officer here, and dropped my cup.” She told him, crimson lips forming each word carefully.

140Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca was sure she was about to crawl into the vents. Her day couldn't get worse. "You're going to hate it here." She whispered. "Just wait till Wesker shows up." Still not realizing she'd lost the file she turned and left.
"Stay away from that grunt." The soldier beside him growled. Jack Krauser was clearly not entertained by the whole thing.

"Ms. Chase!" The chief was enamored with her and quick to try and return to her good graces. "Chris is usually a butterfingers. I'm so sorry."

141Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy Cohen watched Rebecca until she was out of sight, then turned to look at Krauser with a grin. “I bet she does more than grunt.” He remarked, despite having understood his co worker perfectly.

“No you’re not, but you will be.” Juliana assured the Chief icily, it was perfect try clear his mere presence made her skin crawl. “Now, Chris, didn’t you mention something about giving me a tour of this beautiful building? I hear... the roof has a wonderful view.” She purred, the poor of her lips as she looked up at him made it quite clear that the view was the last thing she was interested in.

“Not even a call to say everything is fine?” Claire has found Leon and slapped him across the back of the head. “Last I saw you had a gun in your face!”

142Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Six months had passed remarkably quickly and Rebecca hardly noticed. In between gaining a soldier boyfriend, continuing to dig for the truth that was getting deeper by the day, and lying to everyone she knew, the poor girl was exhausted. 
That particular day was the annual RPD picnic. But rather than participate she was lying in the grass, asleep on the gym bag she'd brought with her, one leg was draped across her new lover's. Their relationship was not hidden in the least. She adores Billy. He never made her feel like she was unworthy or needed to be afraid of him. He was gentle and kind. It was something she'd never known. 

The realtionship with Juliana was nothing like it was with Jill. For Chris his six month romance was nothing but hot and heavy and to be honest it didn't feel right. 
He had yet to move her in despite the suggestions. Though at the picnic, watching the way jill way flirting with Wesker, he was seriously considering it.

143Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy was smiling as he watched Rebecca, a finger idly tracing up and down a bare leg where it draped across his own. He hadn’t really wished to come to the picnic. It was his day off, something he was glad if, but... Juliana was here with Chris. Seeing them together just didn’t sit right, not when Rebecca pointed out that Chris had seemingly ended his friendship with Jill. He had never truly liked the woman he guarded, and couldn’t put his finger on why. He did his best to let these thoughts float away however, smiling suddenly when he thought about how much he loved the small woman lying against him. He hasn’t told her thought yet however, worried his work would suddenly pluck him out of her life.

Juliana had wasted no time in sinking her claws into Chris. She had made sure everyone knew they were in a relationship, and apparently took great pleasure in taunting his roommate with this fact. There was no love here, it was raw passion, and anyone who knew Chris at all would see the warning signs.
That someone, was his former flame and partner. For the first few months Jill had taken to wearing a men’s issue uniform, far too large and it massively dwarfed the curves she was so famous for. It was as though she were hiding, or trying to make herself unappealing to someone. It hadn’t worked. Wesker had continued his advance, always reminding her that he could do as he pleased with her, assuming she values Claire’s safety.
Claire... even now as Wesker was whispering something in Jill’s ear that made her skin crawl, the dark haired woman’s gaze fell on the younger Redfield. Jill saw her laugh and then grin up at the handsome rookie who currently held the younger Redfield’s attention. No... it had to be this way. Wesker continued to refer to her as his pawn, his disposable toy, it Jill knew the truth. She was a queen. The most powerful piece on the board, and able to fight back even when apparently cornered.

144Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't touch me!" Rebecca shouted raising so quickly she hit Billy in the nose. It took her a moment to realize where she was. "Oh hey..." She gave him a weary smile. "Sorry...this thing sucks."

Leon and Claire had become fast friends. The two of them had no idea what was going on very near to them as they shared a joke about something or another. 
Not far away Chris was stomping toward them, shoving them apart when he got close. He got in Leon's face and made it no secret he was threatening him. 
No one had any idea of the hell Jill Valentine was in.

145Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:05 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy had gotten used to these strange outbursts over the months, but Rebecca had been reluctant to explain the cause of them. “Hey. Just me.” He assured her gently. “You know, we don’t need to be here, it’s my day off from guarding the evil Queen... we could be anywhere.” He added, his eyes crinkling with a smile when her referred to Juliana as the evil queen.

“Hey!” Claire protested loudly, squeezing herself back between Leon and her brother. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” She demanded, though he gaze flicked momentarily to Juliana. The red head was grinning and biting her lip as she watched Chris explode in the younger mans face. Something about that woman always rubbed her the wrong way.

146Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca's look of relief was more than evident. "Let's skip out the back way. I'm dying to go home and watch movies and eat pizza." She leaned closer to him and kissed him deeply. "I promise I won't complain when you fall asleep."

Juliana brought out the rage in him. Chris had no idea it was even happening. "He is supposed to be with the other guys." He snarled. "It's a run. He signed up. If he's over here playing grab ass we lose." He hissed, giving his sister a shove. It was something he'd never have done in the past. 
"Hey!" Leon roared, managing to catch Claire before she fell.

147Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Billy grinned again and held Rebecca a little more firmly against him. “Then let’s do something to keep me awake.” He mused. “You know, like putting together that bookshelf you bought a month ago.” He winked at Rebecca, letting her know he was only teasing.

Claire stumbled back a step, thankful Leon had been there to catch her. “Oh? You wanna talk grab ass, how about we talk about Queen bitch face over there that you dumped Jill for!” She hissed, squaring up to her much larger sibling.

148Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca was more than happy to turn her back on Wesker as she picked up her bag and tossed it at Billy. Her Captain had found a new thing to threaten her with and this was much more precious than her job. Thinking they were not being watched she kissed her soldier again, whispering her adoration for him against his lips. 

"Stop trying to talk to me about things you know nothing about." Chris snarled. He glared down at Claire and shook his head. "You're no better than Jill. She lied to me. Youre good at that too." He hissed.

149Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“So are you going to tell me why you want to avoid you’re own team so badly?” Billy asked as he loaded their bags into his car. “Something is up with you, officer, I know it.”

Claire had never made it any kind of secret which side of this break up she stood with. If Chris had waited longer than a day... maybe she would have had a little more sympathy for him. “Right. I’m the one who knows nothing.” She snorted with a roll of her eyes. “You’re so fucking caught up with that bitch, you can’t see what is right in front of you!”

150Rookie Life - Page 5 Empty Re: Rookie Life Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:49 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca had already climbed into the passenger seat and settled in. She was choosing to pretend she hadn't heard him. It was something she did fairly frequently. It was better to pretend she was flighty than to tell him the truth. She was far too ashamed for that. 

"Shut up." Chris snapped, waving her off. "You lied to me just like she did and Im not putting up with that bullshit anymore. Our parents would be ashamed." He growled, turning to give Jill a dark look before he held his hand out for Juliana. "Come on. We're done. Let's get home so we can get you ready to move."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next