The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

So slow to catch on

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 34]

1So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty So slow to catch on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Jill gave Leon a little push, then smiled. "Believe me, these things can last days." She assured him. "Besides, I want the chance to grill you myself."
"You doubt my suitability as a mother?" Claire asked thinly, folding her arms across her chest.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

481So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire smiled sheepishly at her brother. "I told him I was having triplets." She replied honestly, prodding Leon gently with her toe. "He wouldn't let me see the nursery!" She added in her defense.
Jill was barely containing her laughter when she heard Claire confess this, and then saw Leon sprawled on the floor. "Zombies he can handle... But three tiny babies?"

482So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris started snickering too until he put some thought into it. "You were just kidding...right?" He asked almost timidly.
Behind them Rebecca snorted. She was the one who knew the whole truth about the baby or babies that Claire carried.

483So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Maybe." Claire replied coolly with a shrug of her shoulders. "Would it matter if I gave birth to a whole football team?" She added, having to seat herself on the bed, leaving Leon to rouse him self up off the floor.
Jill smiled at the thought. She had always wanted a large family, and already knew that the only way she could do that now, was by being an auntie to Claire and Leon's children. "I think every one of your children will loved no matter what."

484So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"A whole football team would be nice." Chris chuckled. "Then at holidays there would be two teams between ours and yours." He teased, winking at Jill.
"I would hardly call twins a team." Rebecca snorted, now moving closer to Claire as she saw the signs coming on that the other woman was going into labor.

485So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"We would have to alternate... Wouldn't want your team getting used to losing now, would we?" Jill replied, nudging Chris playfully. It took a moment for it to sink in that Rebecca may actually be serious. "Wait... You know she's having twins?!"
Claire hand a hand on her belly, trying not to alarm anyone by actually telling them the babies were going to be there sooner rather than later.

486So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon sat up but was still looking rather pale. "Chris...think we'll need to go to the store sooner or later." He muttered.
"Later." Rebecca said simply, waving this idea and Jill off. "Right now you need to get her bag and meet us at the car."

487So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"No... No they don't." Claire insisted, trying to push herself back to her feet in a bid to prove she was just fine, but mostly she didn't want her brother and her boyfriend panicking. However, as though to simply undermine her words, it was as she stood up that her water broke; evidently, these children were just as impatient as their mother.
Jill was already reaching for the bag they had practically had to force Claire to pack for this very day. "Come on, leave those two to follow us." She told both Claire and Rebecca as she helped her soon to be sister in law across the room.

488So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris and Leon both erupted into a panic and began running around like headless chickens.
Rebecca seemed to be in a zen like state as she reached for the phone and called the hospital to let them know to get a room ready. She said nothing as she helped Claire into the car and sat beside her as Jill drove. She'd given up on everything.

489So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

All the way to the hospital Jill was itching to say something to Rebecca, to demand answers now that Chris wasn't right there to stop her. As it was, she bit her tongue, only for Claire's sake. Given how fast Jill drove anyway, they arrived at the hospital in record time.
"You know, you didn't give those two much time to get used to the idea of more than one baby on the way." Jill teased Claire as they waited for Chris and Leon to arrive.
"Well... You know me..." Claire replied, already weary of all the waiting; she wanted it to be over, simply because all the waiting gave her too much time to think.

490So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rebecca shut the door in Jill's face once they made it to the labor area. It was as if she knew the other woman was going to rake her over the coals sooner or later. The new mother ward was locked down by the time Leon and Chris arrived and even Leon was not allowed in to see his wife.

491So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill's sapphire eyes were filled with deep worry as she looked up at Chris. Once again, her gut was telling her not to just sit back and let things happen. "Rebecca's in there with her... And I don't like it." She told Chris quietly, not wanting to alarm Leon further. "Rebecca was so... Cold." She continued. "Claire is her best friend... I would have thought she would be happy. Instead... It's like this all just some test for her, like she's back in her lab."

492So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:09 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Jill...what is your problem with Rebecca?" Chris snapped, clearly losing his temper over the whole thing. "Just because she had a crush on the dead son of a bitch doesn't make her a monster like him!"
Rebecca stood across from them in the doorway, an almost wicked smile on her lips. "Leon, let's go. Your offspring are waiting to see you."

493So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:13 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill glanced over at Rebecca, that smile she wore sending chills to the elder woman's very core. Quickly she cast her gaze back to Chris, and there was nothing but anger there. "Did you hear that?!" She hissed. "Not son, daughter... Or even fucking babies! She chose to say offspring! Does that seem like Rebecca to you?!"

494So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Well what the hell is she supposed to say?!" Chris shouted, exasperated. "Claire doesn't want him to know what it is so what is else would she say?!"
Rebecca's gaze rested on Jill and she had the absurd feeling that she should poke out her tongue. Instead she simply laughed and let the door close behind Leon.

495So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:26 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill growled in frustration at Chris' reluctance to even consider things from her point of view. "She wouldn't even let Leon in while Claire was giving birth, wouldn't you want to be there for every second of your first child's birth?" She pressed. "It's like she needed... To hide something..."

496So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What would she need to hide, Jill?" Chris asked, rubbing his forehead. He was obviously worried about his sister.

"Claire?" Leon was at his girlfriend's beside as soon as he was cleared to go into the room. He wouldn't so much as look at his children until he made sure she was okay.

497So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:34 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I don't know... And that's what worries me." Jill replied truthfully. "It bothers me how naive you are... Or how cynical I've become."

"Hey... Where were you?" Claire asked with a tired smile as she reached out for Leon's hand.

498So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:48 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You're the cynical one." Chris said with the shake of his head. "I think you're blaming Rebecca for what Wesker did. And I think it's because you didn't get the revenge you needed to."

"Rebecca told us to stay out." Leon said, kissing her forehead gently. "It's all right. Hey...aren't you going to introduce me to our babies?"

499So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:52 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

There was genuine hurt deep in Jill's eyes as they looked up at Chris. "Revenge wouldn't take back what he did to me." She told her lover icily before turning away, muttering something about needing coffee.

"What?” Claire was watching Leon with a confused expression. "But... Rebecca said she had taken them to see you... They're not here, Leon."

500So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:56 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Mind getting me some too?" Chris asked almost timidly. He knew better than to follow her. He probably should have known better than to argue with her too.

Leon was instantly on the defensive. He was looking around him in desperation, certain he was going to kill Rebecca when he got his hands on her.

501So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"No. I wouldn't want to taint it with my cynicism." Jill shot over her shoulder before she was gone completely. In the cafeteria she found a table in the corner out of sight and simply stared down into the pitifully weak coffee she had been served with. Maybe there was something wrong with her. Chris was probably right, Rebecca was just depressed, that was all...

Claire could see the panic in Leon's clear blue eyes and was already trying to swing her legs over the edge of the bed. "There was another doctor in here." She told Leon. "I didnt see his face, he was wearing a surgical mask, he said it was because he had a cold or something."

502So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:07 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Stay here." Leon held out a hand to force his girlfriend to stay in the bed. "I'm going to look for them." He was already marching toward the door the doctors had come from.

Rebecca was indeed depressed. After the delivery she'd made her way to the cafeteria and simply sat by the windows, staring out of them as she did when she was back at Claire's home.

503So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:11 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Leon! Wait!" Claire shouted, as usual, refusing to just stay put. "Get Chris in here! There's something I need to tell him about that doctor!"

Jill didn't like to admit it, but it was Rebecca's scent that caused her to lift her head. She saw the younger woman sit down by the window, and was quick to march across the wide room. "What's your game?" She asked Rebecca bluntly. "I'm not as blind as Chris, I know you're up to something."

504So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:17 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm going." Leon said quickly, all but tearing out of the room and slamming the door behind him. Soon enough he was back with Chris, the elder man looking rather murderous himself.

"You don't know anything." Rebecca hissed, though she didn't turn her head to look at Jill. She was watching the rain pattering against the outside windows. She wished she could drown herself in it. "No matter what you think."

505So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Leon... Please find them." Claire pleaded, needing to both, know their children were safe and be alone with her brother. The news she had troubled her, and she didn't wish to worry Leon further than he already was.

"Wesker is still alive, and you're in love with him." Jill told Rebecca coolly. "Am I close?" She added, folding her arms across her chest as she watched the younger woman.

506So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon nodded and left, his stomach churning. He'd never imagined his day could turn out this badly.
Chris remained where he was, knowing his sister had needed to speak to him alone. "What happened?" He asked her, fear in his eyes that hadn't been there in a while.

Rebecca didn't answer. She was hoping it would mean the drops of rain were simply too entrancing. "You've hated me since I came back here." She said finally. "Does it really matter what I say to you?"

507So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Chris... The doctor who was in here... I couldn't see his face, only his eyes... They were yellow." Claire breathed, knowing her. Brother would share her fear, and understand why she hadn't wanted Leon to know.

"I don't hate you." Jill told Rebecca firmly. "I'm worried you're not yourself." She added, still standing beside the table, rather than sitting down at it. "Rebecca... I know wesker is still alive, and I know you were with him the whole time you were gone."

508So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What?!" Chris' voice was barely below a dull roar. "No. No. No. Please tell me you were out of it...in pain or something else...Claire, please...." His voice turned from loud to shaky and near sobbing. "Jill was right..."

"Then you know he played me just like he did everyone else." Rebecca whispered, no longer seeing a reason to lie about it. "Just drop it, Jill. Can't you just be happy with a 'you were right'?"

509So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire clasped both her brothers hands between her own, looking up at him intently. "It was him Chris. I know it was. It doesn't matter that Jill was right and no one believed her... He has my babies, he has your family." She breathed. "We have to stop him."

"It's not about who was right." Jill replied. "If he was only playing you... He would have killed you like he tries to do to everyone else." She added sternly. "I think maybe yes, he used you to get closer to the people Chris loves... But I also think you're not the Rebecca I knew all those years ago. You're... Like him now."

510So slow to catch on - Page 17 Empty Re: So slow to catch on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm going. You stay here. I'll send...Rebecca...what was her part in all of this?" Chris demanded suddenly. "I'll kill her. I swear to god I will."

Rebecca couldn't help the tears that slid down her cheeks. It was one thing to hear the thought over and over in her head, but to hear someone say it aloud...It tore her heart apart. "You don't know anything..." She whispered, her shoulders shaking violently as the sobs began. "Just...leave me alone."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum