The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sibling Rivalry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sibling Rivalry Empty Sibling Rivalry Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:22 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris Redfied pressed his knee hard into the neck of an extremely dirty and unkempt man. "Enough!" He shouted, too angry to pay any attention to the blood dripping into his eyes. "You seem to have the idea that I'm here to do anything but get information!" He held tight to the other man's enormous hammer with his free hand. "I'm not going to kill you unless you make me." He added darkly. 
The BSAA was dirty. It was rotten from the inside just like Umbrella had been. There were viruses leaking out left and right. 
He'd gotten a clue about a way to end it. At least that was what the message had implied. 

Rebecca Chambers held onto her coffee cup as she followed a tall figure dressed in black. She was barely paying attention to where she was going as she stared at the corpses of men with mutated bodies. Oddly they looked like werewolves. She wondered where this virus had come from. 
She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't see the man in front of her stop. She crashed into him hard enough to send her to the ground. Her much needed coffee showering over the bodies next to them. 
Rebecca had prepared for this mission for months. Everything was supposed to be going like clockwork. But her source was dead and nothing was as it was supposed to be. 
"I hate snow." She snorted, trying not to laugh at just how stupid it all was. Her tall partner hadn't moved. "But worst of all...I hate creepy dolls." She added. "There's another one! I swear it's watching us!"

2Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:40 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The man howled with laughter, despite the knee pressed to his neck. “You got balls, kid, I’ll give you that!” Apparently out of nowhere a pice of scrap metal flew through the air, just barely scraping Chris’ cheek, though it was clear it could have taken his head clean off, had that been the intention. “You may have been the big fish in your tiny pond, wherever that was, but here? You’re a nothing. Mere chum for the real big boys.”

“Watching? You believe such childish tales?” The figure asked. “Little Rebecca Cjambers… still a little girl longing to play with the big boys and girls.”

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

3Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:38 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You think I'm scared of another bio-weapon?" Chris grunted. "I won't tell you again. I need answers. Either you have them or you leave here and don't come back. Do we understand each other?" He pressed a little harder on the man's neck. "Are you going to talk?"

Rebecca winced. Her partner's voice was dark and yet silk at the same time. But at the moment it was more than a little condescending. 
"You know what else I don't like?" She asked, getting to her feet. She reached for a stick and poked at the doll. "Mansions." She finished, pleased she had managed to knock the strange looking bride doll over.

4Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I think you’re floundering, and have no idea where to go when I tell you zip.” Was the irritating reply. “First time alone with no back up?” He added with a mocking sneer, the hammer Chris was holding onto suddenly beginning to tug against his grip.

“Why? All too aware you will never belong in one?” The man responded with a chuckle as he finally turned to look directly at Rebecca. His gaze drifted, noting the yellow pollen clinging to her left leg as the doll toppled over.

5Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"How stupid do you think I am?" Chris growled, fighting to keep the heavy metal from forcing him to let go. "You're running out of air, pig pen. Now make up your mind. Do we keep fighting or do you give me information about Miranda?"

"Yep. That's me. Forever doomed to live in my apartment. Alone." Rebecca sighed dramatically, placing a hand to her forehead. "Must you be so cruel?" She asked, turning back to the doll and kicking snow over it.

6Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:45 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You’re after that bitch?” He snarled, a different kind of fire igniting behind his eyes now. “To kill her, right? Give me my answer, and you can have yours.”

The doll twitched slightly, though made no other move that may have accompanied the eerie laughter that seemed to echo around Rebecca in that moment.

7Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I've heard that from other people in your fucked up village." Chris said, shaking his head. "Why? Why do you all want her to die so badly?" He let go of the hammer, noting that it stood all on it's own. He helped the grungy man to his feet but didn't quite let go of him. "All your other family members seem to be fiercely loyal to her but not you. Why is that?"

Rebecca paused, her boot halfway in the motion of another kick. She'd heard the laughter as clear as a bell. "There's a child here..." She whispered, nearly tumbling over as she turned around. "Oh god. They missed something."

8Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Tell me, boy, do you have any idea what it feels like to be brainwashed and forced to do the bidding of another like some mindless automaton?” He asked, the hammer slower beginning to rotate, a subtle reminder that Chris wasn’t as in control as he thought.

“Did they?” Rebecca’s companion was smiling very slightly. “Tell me, rookie, what do you hear?” He asked curiously. The experiment seemed to be proceeding nicely

9Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris nodded his head, closing his eyes for a long minute. "Yeah." He whispered. His mind was on his wife. It didn't matter how long it had been since she'd been released from Wesker's claws. She still fought with nightmares. The Nemesis had nothing on Wesker. 

Rebecca frowned, jerking away from the figure in front of her. "Don't call me that!" She hissed. The name alone went all the way to her spine and her partner knew that. 
She backed away just enough to go tumbling over a large dead tree limb. She fell into a deep snow embankment, barely able to get out a scream before snow began tumbling into her mouth.

10Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The moment Chris closed his eyes the hammer moved again, sliding horizontally across the ground to sweep the other man’s feet from under him. That done, it returned to hand of its owner. “Then you know I will never surrender my freedom to that bitch and her minions ever again.”

“Rebecca? Hey, Becca, talk to me.” The snow was being dusted away from her face as her partner knelt beside her. Gone was the tall man dressed in black with the sardonic smile, if he had ever been there at all. In his place was a slender woman with bright sapphire eyes that betrayed the sisterly love she had for her best friend. “Come on, you know Chris and Jill will kill me if I have to tell them I lost their favourite coffee addict.” She mused.

11Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris grunted, frustrated that he hadn't seen that coming. "Look..." He grunted. "All I want is answers. "You're the one who attacked me with you're giant mechanical toy thingy." 

Rebecca's heart dropped into her stomach. It was a daydream. At least a part of it had been. It always seemed to end the same way. At least these past few years.
"Old creepy mansion sighting..." She said, shaking her head as she tried to gain her bearings. "They still manage to get me." It was odd though, it was not at all what she'd been think about when she'd spotted that doll.

12Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You’re trespassing, boy.” Was the curt response. “Come waltzin’ into my factory, poking around like it’s your own private playground! I don’t got time for you AND that bitch Miranda.” He turned his back on Chris now, the hammer slung over his should as though it weighed nothing.

Claire stared at her friend a moment longer, clearly concerned. “Does this happen often?” She asked, glancing down to whatever it was Rebecca had been kicking at.

13Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Someone sent me a letter about Miranda's diary." Chris said quickly. "They said it would explain about an ancient bloodline. They said whatever she's doing here has ties to... something that happened to my wife." He swallowed hard, not sure what else to say. "Of course I'm here to kill her."

The bird's nest was decimated beneath muddy snow and mud. Rebecca's stomping had made short work of it. 
"No. I think I haven't been sleeping well since the whole Tricell trial." Rebecca admitted. She brushed herself off and shook her head. "It feels like we'll never get a leg up on the bad guys. Even when we're not knee deep in blood." She sighed.

14Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:38 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The man stopped in his tracks, his interest once again piqued. “What happened? Did she die?” He asked bluntly. “Don’t strike me as the marrying type, soldier boy.” He remarked with a derisive snort. 

Claire nodded in understanding. The trial had been hard on all of them, especially her brother. Getting Jill through it had tested him in a way Umbrella and Wesker had never been able. The mental scars weren’t something that could be fixed with a heavy session in the gym. “But we have to keep trying, right?” She asked her friend gently. “If we stop, what keeps the monsters locked inside the places they belong?”

15Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris shook his head. "Not really. But some days..." He wasn't sure which question he was answering. Some days it really seemed like he had lost Jill. No matter how hard he tried she was aloof and in her own dark world.
"She's locked in her head. This man we knew; he used a virus to control her. She is somewhat herself now...But I was hoping Miranda's diary might have a way to fix her completely." 

Rebecca shook her head. "They took my labs...my research. How do I just keep going?" She made a face at Claire and groaned. 
"Now I have to touch giant squishy bugs again!" She wailed with a grin. "It's so totally not..." She stopped her pretend rant as she turned to see a man she knew to be dead standing on the porch. He placed a finger to his lips as if reminding her to keep a secret. 
"Please..." She whispered. "Don't do this. I don't need the world..."

16Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“So, you’re not really all about saving the world? Only saving your world?” There was a metallic thud as the hammer was set back down once more. “You really think Miranda has the key to reverse what ever your buddy boy did to your woman?” He asked. “She has compete tunnel vision. If it doesn’t involve the revival of her sweet Eva, she disposes of the garbage. I mean come on, you saw Moreau, right?”

“Becca, I never said you did.” Claire responded with a confused frown. “I’m just saying we need to keep going if we want there to even be a world. Besides… it’s not like we’re working for the government and have all kinds of fancy gadgets at our disposal.” she added with a bitter snort of her own as she glanced to where Rebecca seemed to be staring.

17Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Maybe she doesn't. But there has to be something here." Chris spent the next hour explaining his story to the strangean, leaving very little out. "There's a reason we've been able to track Miranda to this place. I have to find it." He finished passionately. 

Rebecca ignored the voice behind her and moved forward. She had to stop her former lover before he made an enormous mistake. Before she knew it she was running. She could see him turning and heading inside. "Stop!" She shouted. "Don't leave me again, damn it!"

18Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Nothing was said for several long moments. A long drag was taken from the stub that remained of the cigar between the man’s lips and finally he grinned. “So, almost like you’re a pro at putting down self obsessed assholes, huh?” He finally remarked. “Say I believe you, that you are wanting to tear apart an entire village, just at a shot of getting back your woman… what happens when you get to Miranda? She can be mighty persuasive, boy. May even convince you she’s your precious Jill.”

The figure Rebecca could see stopped, glancing over his shoulder with a smile. With a discreet gesture he placed a finger to his lips to silence her, and entered the building. It was like a hunter luring the prey right to him.
“Rebecca!” Claire shouted her partners name with a frantic cry as she fumbled for her phone. Chris would have her ass if something happened to the good doctor.

19Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris simply smiled. "She can try. Hell, I might even play along. But in the end I'm going to get what I want from her. Then we are going to take her out of the equation." He ended firmly. His deep blue eyes didn't betray the list feeling that was deep inside him. He would give anything to hear Jill say it was over and she felt safe again. 
He heard the ring of his phone and pressed the ignore button. . He couldn't afford to lose this man's attention or support. He was too close to ending it all.

Rebecca burst through the mansion doors, her misgivings shoved aside. "Albert...talk to me!" She shouted into the darkness. "Please..." her voice cracked and her lips trembled. "We can fix this...I can..." She pushed forward and stumbled over a heavy object, landing hard on her chest. She took in a deep breath, wanting nothing more than to sob at physical and mental pain.

20Sibling Rivalry Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Miranda calls me Karl. Let’s go.” Heisenberg tossed his cigar to the ground and shouldered the giant hammer once more. “You want to save your woman, you need to let go of your precious sense of heroism. She will use it against you.” He added as they left the factory and stepped once more out into the snow.
They weren’t alone out there, but that didn’t automatically mean they were in danger.

“You can what? Snub the morals you cling to? The team you still cower behind even now?” Wesker had stopped walking, finally turning to face Rebecca. “They think you weak, why do you think that is?” He added, even now his eyes remained hidden behind his dark glasses. “You could end them with such ease, yet you seem content to be their pretty little doctor, nothing more.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum